↳ nine

THE DOCTOR AND LINDSEY WALKED HAND IN HAND AS THEY ENTERED THE COMPOUND OF A RUSTIC VICTORIAN MANOR WITH MAISIE TRAILING BESIDE THEM AS THEY FOLLOWED BEHIND THE CARRIAGE, Lindsey was in awe as she stared at the exterior of the building, seeing the...

THE DOCTOR AND LINDSEY WALKED HAND IN HAND AS THEY ENTERED THE COMPOUND OF A RUSTIC VICTORIAN MANOR WITH MAISIE TRAILING BESIDE THEM AS THEY FOLLOWED BEHIND THE CARRIAGE, Lindsey was in awe as she stared at the exterior of the building, seeing them in the proper era was so different than seeing them in her time hundreds of years later.

"This place looks lovely," she commented, she was

The Doctor smiles down at her. "Oh I don't know, I've seen better."

"Your Majesty," a finely dressed man bowed as he entered the courtyard. The Queen smiled at the man. Lindsey frowned seeing three men who were dressed as servants walk out behind the man. They don't look like normal servants

"Sir Robert." the Queen greeted. "My apologies for the emergency. And how is Lady Isobel?"

"She's indisposed, I'm afraid." Sir Robert replied, he was nervous and sweating. "She's gone to Edinburgh for the season. And she's taken the cook with her. The kitchens are barely stocked. I wouldn't blame Your Majesty if you wanted to ride on."

"Oh, not at all," Victoria replied. "I've had quite enough carriage exercise. And this is charming, if rustic." She looked around the place in approval. "It's my first visit to this house. My late husband spoke of it often. The Torchwood Estate. Now, shall we go inside?" The Queen turned toward Maisie, "and please excuse the naked girl."

"Torchwood?" Lindsey whispered as if it was familiar to her. The Doctor cast a look down at her.

"You alright?" she nods.

"I'm sorry." Maisie apologized.

"She's a feral child." the Doctor cut in. "I bought her for sixpence in old London Town. It's was her or the Elephant Man, so - "

"He thinks he funny but I'm not so amused." She looked at the Queen. "What do you think, Ma'am?" Lindsey shakes her head at her attempt.

"It hardly matters." the Queen answered. "Shall we proceed?"

Maisie pouted. "So close."

"Yet so far away." The Doctor chuckled.

"Oi, you!" Maisie pointed, "I will get to say it."

The Doctor shakes his head before his attention was caught to a locked box a few soldiers were carrying. "So what's in there, then?"

"Property of the Crown," Reynolds replied briefly. "You will dismiss any further thoughts, sir. The rest of you go to the rear of the house. Assume your designated positions."

· ━━━━━ ·⚘· ━━━━━ ·

"Oh, my gosh." Lindsey grinned as she stepped into the room where a massive bronze telescope was in.

"This, I take it, is the famous Endeavor," Victoria said when she entered the room.

Sir Robert nodded, "All my father's work." he confirmed. "Built by hand in his final years. Became something of an obsession. He spent his money on this rather than caring for the house or himself."