↳ sixteen

THE TARDIS MATERIALISES ON A SILENT SPACESHIP, the doors opened to reveal the Doctor as he stepped out looking around the abandoned spaceship curiously with Lindsey following close behind

THE TARDIS MATERIALISES ON A SILENT SPACESHIP, the doors opened to reveal the Doctor as he stepped out looking around the abandoned spaceship curiously with Lindsey following close behind. Mickey stepped out with Maisie. "It's a spaceship," Mickey cheered. "Brilliant! I got a spaceship on my first go."

There were lots of bits and pieces of equipment scattered around. It was like something tore through the area.

"Place seems abandoned." Maisie pointed out. "It's like there hasn't been anyone on board for years."

"Nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous." Lindsey shared a look with the Doctor. "You know what, I'll just have a quick scan, in case there's anything dangerous." He walked over to a console.

"How far into the future are with this time?" Lindsey asked, walking up to him.

"About thee thousand years into your future, give or take." the Doctor said, he finds the light switch on the console. The quartet looks up to see a cluster of stars above them. "Fifty-first century. Diagmar Cluster, you're a long way from home, Mickey. Two and a half galaxies."

Mickey stumbles over to one of the windows, he was in awe seeing the array of purple and pink colors that swirled around the cluster. Maisie walked up behind him, smiling. "Mickey Smith, meet the universe. What do you think?"

"It's so realistic!" Mickey beamed. "It's amazing that you get to see these types of things all the time."

"I know, it's amazing."

The Doctor was picking up pieces of metal from the floor. "Dear me, had some cowboys in here. Got a ton of repair work going on." His attention then was focused on a monitor that was on the console. Maisie and Mickey joined them. "Now that's odd. Look at that. All the warp engines are going. Full capacity. There's enough power running through this ship to punch a hole in the universe, but we're not moving. So where's all that power going?"

"Where'd all the crew go?" Lindsey questioned. "They can't have gone, we're in deep space."

"No life readings on board. Nothing." The Doctor frowned.

Maisie sniffed the air, turning her face up in disgust. "Can any of you smell that?

"Yeah, someone's cooking," Lindsey replied.

"Sunday roast, definitely." Mickey grinned.

The Doctor used the console to open a door behind them and stepped through. "Well, there's something you don't see in your average spaceship." The Doctor announced. "Eighteenth-century. French. Nice mantle." He pulled out his sonic.

Lindsey stared at the far wall, containing a blazing fire in an ornate fireplace. There was even an ormolu clock on the mantlepiece. She walked over to the fireplace running her hand over the marble, before kneeling in front of the fireplace.