↳ five

"GOODBYE ROSE TYLER," THE DOCTOR SAID, BEFORE HE TURNED AND HEADED TOWARD THE TARDIS, as he closed the doors he walked up the ramp toward the console in the middle of the room, he could hear Rose's shouts for him to let her back into the TARDIS fr...

"GOODBYE ROSE TYLER," THE DOCTOR SAID, BEFORE HE TURNED AND HEADED TOWARD THE TARDIS, as he closed the doors he walked up the ramp toward the console in the middle of the room, he could hear Rose's shouts for him to let her back into the TARDIS from the closed doors.

'Doctor! Take me back!' Rose's voice cried, from the closed doors.

Lindsey leaned against one of the coral pillars, her head pressed against the pillar as Rose's voice reached her ears, 'This is my fault.'

The Doctor placed his hands on the console, he knew that Rose's actions would have had consequences and he should have seen what was happening sooner, he was blind that he couldn't see what Rose was doing and saying to Lindsey even in his previous regeneration, it was only a while later that he noticed and he was stupid that he didn't do anything before.

"Doctor?" Lindsey's voice broke him from his thoughts as she was still leaning against the coral pillar.

"It was my decision, I couldn't take any more of her nonsense and the fact that she was hurting you," he said, knowing the look that crossed her face, he had seen that look before, 'I will not have the past repeat itself again.' He thought back to his previous travels with his wife and a former companion during his third and fourth regeneration.

"She was your companion before me."

"That didn't give her the right to have a go or threaten you."

Lindsey sighed as she walked up to the console, taking a seat on the jump seat. "I know."

The Doctor sighed as he walked over to her, holding his hand out for her, "Come here for a moment," Lindsey sent him a small smile as she took his hand, "here.." He pointed to several buttons and levers "To power up the TARDIS you need to pull these two down, this up and press the green button."

"Are you sure that's right?" Lindsey commented causing him to frown.

"Yes, I'm sure," the Doctor said, "I think I know my ship."

"But wouldn't these two be up, this lever down, turn and press the green button," Lindsey said, she had no idea where that came from but it just popped up in her head.

The Doctor frowned, wondering how she knew that, "Oh yeah, you're right." he mumbled, still gobsmacked.

"So, Where are we going?," Lindsey asked, snapping the Doctor back from his thoughts.

"Further than we've ever gone before," the Doctor grinned as his mind put that thought away, for the time being, flicking a switch down as the TARDIS ricocheted through the vortex, they all held onto the console bars as the TARDIS shakes. The TARDIS had materialized across the river from a massive futuristic city, with flying cars zooming overhead.

Lindsey was first to step out of the TARDIS, the wind was blowing her hair around as she tried to keep her hair off her face, she watched as several flying cars zoom overhead, she laughed.