Chapter Ten - Change My Mind [Part 3]

Start from the beginning

So, that's what he told everyone else to blame when he left.  He wasn't going far, just across the island, and he'd stolen Paul's phone to try and make some sort of contact with Louis.  Bundling outside the front door, Harry hurried away from the rest of his bandmates and two bodyguards.  They were going to be in so much trouble when they got back, but he couldn't find it inside himself to care right now.  The only words running through his mind was LouisLouisLouis.  His first instinct was to check every hotel on this island.  However, the world seemed to be against him when he was able to get a hold on a map.  There were 14 hotels in Tonga.  Harry took a deep, shaky breath to remind himself of his necessary needs: Louis.

He'd already been to nearly 8 hotels, eaten lunch as well as dinner, and by that time it was growing dark.  He was walking along the dock towards his last hotel for the night - where he would most likely be stay - with sore feet.  Harry had figured out that there were, in fact, four different islands that were connected to Tonga.  Although he doubted that Louis would be leaving this island, he'd called the few hotels that were spread out across and nobody had anyone under the name Louis Tomlinson.  It was frustrating for Harry, but he never once complained to himself or anyone else.

Turning his head to the side, he watched the dark sea water slosh lazily against the side of the creaking, wooden dock.  He'd been wanting to go to beach with Louis, swim with him and the rest of the boys.  Harry wanted to fish with him, go scooba diving... just forget the rest of the world.  He didn't want this.  He didn't want sex or Louis that way, but it had somehow ended that way and they were both fucked up beyond belief.  A sudden weight of guilt crashed down onto his shoulders, sending them sinking down so he was practically dragging himself towards the hotel doors now.  He peeled the glass door open, walking towards the receptionist.  Harry was lucky, as Tonga people seemed to be taught English in school (this is actually a true fact - I did my research) so he hadn't needed to learn some foreign language.  Clearing his throat to catch the young girl's attention, he waited for her to glance up from the papers that were fanned out across her desk, "Hi.  Erm, I was wondering if you had a Louis Tomlinson residing in your hotel?"  He asked hesitantly.  Harry watching as the girl turned towards the computer, flicking through some pages and typing Louis' name in.  Biting his lip, he waited impatiently.

"Actually, sir, yes we do."

Harry's head shot up in surprise, eyes wide.  He didn't know why, but he'd expected Louis to change his name to avoid fans... or him.  "Wha- really?  What room?  Please, I need to know what room."  He begged.  The woman gave him a doubtful look before gesturing towards the staircase.

"Room 172.  Second floor."  And the curly-haired lad was off, practically tearing the carpet up in his wake.

One step, two, three, four, five...

Harry counted the steps he took until he came to the door that led to the second floor.  He swallowed thickly, heartbeat rumbling almost violently in his chest as he swung the door open.  Glancing up at the sign, he turned towards the right where '100 - 200' was directed.  Crossing the hall way at more of a saunter, he kept his head swiveling from side to side as he searched for the door that hid Louis away.

172.

Harry stopped, turning around completely to stare at the light-brown wooden door.  The numbers were engraved into a golden platter, looking rather filthy though he suspected that all the hotels were the same.  He hesitated for a moment before raising his fist and knocking on the door with slow raps of his knuckles.  There was some shuffling around inside, he could hear it, but when the door was swung open and he was faced with bright blue eyes Harry had absolutely no idea what to do.  It hadn't even been that long, maybe a week at the most, but he knew how horrific he probably looked.  Honestly, he was surprised that he hadn't been kicked off the island yet for being some form of a druggy or something.