Chapter Twelve - Skinny Love

Skinny Love by Birdy

    The waking morning was pretty normal, Louis supposed.  He was tangled up with Harry on the bed, his face buried in his shoulder and lips pressed against the hot skin.  Outside, the humidity had gotten worse until it was close to suffocating them – not that either of the boys minded.  It was okay because, well, they were okay.  They’d come to the conclusion that yes, they were falling for each other.  Everything had happened quickly though, and Louis couldn’t help but think that maybe they were moving too fast.  After all, the world had only just figured out that he was sexually assaulted.  He was still wondering how the story had gotten leaked, but he supposed that some of the fans had managed to get a hold of his file from the hospital or someone from the hospital had actually leaked the story themself.  Of course, he had thought that maybe Harry had done it, but then he’d seen how sympathetic and caring he had been towards him and he just couldn’t bring himself to blame the younger lad.  It was clear that he hadn’t done it, so why risk breaking the brilliant relationship they had going on?

Sighing, the older boy rolled over and scrubbed at his eyes fiercely to get rid of the sleep that layered itself over the cerulean blue.  Despite the fact that he wanted to sleep all day, he knew very well that he couldn’t do that and instead just swung his legs off the side of the bed once he’d managed to untangle his mess of limbs from Harry’s.  He yawned in exhaustion, tongue poking out of his parted mouth to soothe his parched lips.  Louis extended his arms out above his head in a languid stretch, inhaling the humidity that bathed into their room from the open window that was cracked open a few millimeters.  Twitching his lips up into a smile, he reached back towards the curly-haired bloke and probed his chest lightly with a few of his fingers, “Harry?”  He asked hopefully, blue eyes twinkling already with that small spark of mischief.  When all that Louis received from the younger lad was a muffle grunt and some shifting across the mattress, he squirmed himself a bit closer to the body.  He swung a leg up over his hips so he was straddling him, then proceeding to press the tips of his fingers into Harry’s sides and tickle him.  The curly-haired boy’s eyes shot open in surprise, laughter bubbling from his sinful lips and his hands swatting at Louis’.  The elder of the two grinned widely at the progress in waking the boy up, finding himself laughing along with him.

“Louis, s-stop!”  Harry barked, writhing beneath him and batting away his hands.

Louis chuckled, but obliged to the command and let his palms come to a rest on his long torso.  He glanced down, tracing the lengths of Harry’s happy trail with the pad of his thumb and dipping it into his navel carefully.  The fascination he had with the boy’s lithe body was almost inhuman, but Louis couldn’t help it.  Harry’s body just intrigued him.  The way the muscles lined across his back to create his broad shoulders, the skinniness of his legs that seemed to fit perfectly in his skinny jeans, and especially how fucking long his torso was.

Sliding his shaky hands up along Harry’s chest, he sucked his bottom lip between his teeth and nibbled upon it nervously.  Louis flicked his cerulean-blue eyes up to meet Harry’s dark, forest-green ones that were twinkling with some knowing emotion that he just couldn’t seem to put his finger on.  Shifting a bit above his boyfriend, he was able to dip down and decrease the distance between their faces.  With his hands still placed on Harry’s chest, Louis pressed their lips together momentarily so it was more of a lingering peck before he was clambering up off of him.

“We need to go before the lads start to worry.”  Louis notified the younger boy, glancing around the room and retreating to pick up the shorts that he’d discarded before they went to bed.  Shrugging them on and ruffling his now-clean feathery hair, he glanced over his shoulder and raised a thin eyebrow at Harry who was apparently just watching him with interest pricking his green gaze.