A "Break" Up

When they landed, Dreamcatcher held back her smile.

Thank the moons because Secretkeeper couldn't risk Treasurekeeper finding out about Secretkeeper's secret girlfriend.

But that didn't stop Secretkeeper from wanting to see Dreamcatcher's beautiful smile. The one that brought joy.

"And what do we owe the pleasure to, Keepers?" Dreamcatcher's father, Fearstriker, asked. His name didn't fit his personality AT ALL.

Treasurekeeper ignored them and stalked over to Morrowseer. She yelled at him, "You CHEATED on me with MY SISTER!"

"Please, there is no need to yell," Dreamcatcher's mother, Destinyseeker, claimed, looking horrified.

Destinyseeker, Feastriker, and Dreamcatcher all looked at Secretkeeper with bewildered expressions. Dreamcatcher's hurt Secretkeeper the worst.

Secretkeeper winked at Dreamcatcher and her angry expression relaxed. Her body was still tense but her expression had faded away.

"Break up with her RIGHT NOW!" Treasurekeeper roared.

"Hm... okay. Well, I actually enjoy her company more. We weren't dating, just hanging out as friends but would so much rather date her," Morrowseer growled.

He stalked over to Secretkeeper and asked if she wanted to go on a date. Treasurekeeper looked horrified.

She nodded and she heard Dreamcatcher growl.

Treasurekeeper leaped onto Secretkeeper's back and pinned Secretkeeper to the floor. Secretkeeper tried to get up, failing miserably.

"YOU said you were dating him! Now you've ruined my love life!" Treasurekeeper howled. "It could have been avoided if YOU told the truth!"

"You had me pinned to the wall by my neck and asked me to give you an answer. I couldn't say ANYTHING!" Secretkeeper howled back.

Why had that anger come from? Why was she fighting back?

"You could have SAID something on the way HERE!" Treasurekeeper snapped.

"You wouldn't have believed me and called me a liar," Secretkeeper calmly claimed.

Teasurekeeper called Secretkeeper some names before clawing at Secretkeeper's back. Secretkeeper howled. She felt blood trickle down her side.

She saw Morrowseer come toward them out of the corner of her eye. Morrowseer knocked Treasurekeeper off of Secretkeeper and Dreamcatcher pinned Treasurekeeper beneath her claws. Morrowseer helped Secretkeeper up.

"Get off me, peasant," Treasurekeeper growled.

Secretkeeper turned away from Morrowseer, ashamed of the feelings that began to develop within her.

Fearstriker and Destinyseeker got up and ran over to Treasurekeeper. Dreamcatcher got off of Treasurekeeper and Fearstriker began scolding Treasurekeeper.

Secretkeeper pulled Dreamcatcher a little ways away and whispered, "I'm sorry, Dreamcatcher. I couldn't let her know... you know why but I'm still sorry. If-if you're done--"

"Oh Secretkeeper," Dreamcatcher sighed. "I'm not going to give up on you because of your family problems. I told you, when your seven, you can come to my house for a bit then we run off to the continent together."

Secretkeeper nodded and hugged Dreamkeeper. She wanted to kiss her but now wasn't the time with Treasurekeeper around and all.

Treasurekeeper rumbled, "Fearkeeper, Secretkeeper, time to go."

Fearkeeper and Morrowseer gave fist bumped each other and Secretkeeper lingered in her hug just a little longer before breaking off and turning around to follow Treasurekeeper home.

Secretkeeper gave her girlfriend one last apologetic look before taking off after Treasurekeeper.

She felt awful for doing that to Dreamcatcher and her family. At least Dreamcatcher was an understanding girlfriend.

Secretkeeper knew Dreamcatcher was waiting for the moment they could take off and be together forever. When Secretkeeper turned seven, which was in a month or so, she could run off with Dreamcatcher.

The thing was, Treasurekeeper was well over seven. She was NINE turning TEN this year but mother said it was fine if Treasurekeeper wanted to stay. On the other talon, mother couldn't wait to kick Fearkeeper and Secretkeeper out.

And Secretkeeper couldn't be happier to leave.

One more month, she thought. Then I'm free.