Two Weeks Later

Jack opened his eyes quickly as he was brought back to life once again. He realized after a second that there was a pair of strong arms holding him.

            “Ianto?” he said questioningly.

            “I’m here Cariad,” Ianto said quietly as he held Jack.

            “What happened?” Jack asked.

            “The Weevil was going for Owen and you got in the way,” Ianto reminded him, sounding both exasperated and admiring at the same time. Jack nodded as he slowly remembered.

            “Is Owen aright? Where’s the Weevil?” Jack asked as Ianto helped him stand.

            “Owen’s fine, the Weevil was distracted enough by you for Owen to sedate it. He’s just putting it in the SUV now,” Ianto told him. They started walking to where they were parked just as Owen closed the trunk on the sleeping Weevil in the back.

            “Alright Harkness?” Owen asked, “Still with us I see.”

            Jack smiled at the cocky doctor, “Yup, still here to be a pain in the ass and drive you nuts.” Owen rolled his eyes and the three of them piled into the SUV.

            They got back to the hub and Owen and Jack secured the Weevil in the vaults while Ianto got started making coffee.

            “Hey Tosh,” Ianto started conversationally as he placed her coffee on her desk.

            “Yes Ianto?” she asked, looked up at him and smiling.

            “Well, I was wonder if you and Owen would like to come over for dinner tomorrow. We’re going to ask Gwen and Rhys as well, but it’s for Kayden’s birthday. Jack and I are taking him to the zoo tomorrow with my sister, her husband, my niece and nephew for the day and we figured we would have everyone over for dinner after and we were wondering if you guys would like to come.” He was rambling slightly, something he did when he was starting to lose his composure. Since him and Jack had become official just over two years ago and they had Kayden he was a lot more relaxed but still liked his suit to remain uncreased when he was at work.

            “We’d love to Ianto, what time?” Tosh smiled at him.

            “Is 6:30 alright?” he asked, smiling back at her.

            “That sounds perfect, doesn’t it Owen?” she called to him as he came up from the vaults with Jack behind him.

            “What?” he asked, “What have I been signed up for now?”

            “Dinner tomorrow night at Jack and Ianto’s for Kayden’s birthday,” Tosh told him, smiling at Jack.

            “Yeah sounds good,” Owen said, “Speak of the devil.” Kayden’s voice had just come through the baby monitor on Tosh’s desk.

            “He was sleeping in your office,” Tosh told Jack.

            “Is Daniel in there too?” Jack asked as he slowly walked towards the stairs.

            “Yeah, it was quiet in there. Myfanwy was flying around in here and I was talking to you three so they weren’t getting any sleep.” Jack nodded his head and went to get his almost two year old son before he woke the eleven and a half month old Daniel.