25: Big Brother, Little Sister

Start from the beginning

"Do you not like her?" Bucky frowned.

"No! I love her, it's just complicated. I don't have any memories of her, except for like, a solid one, but Percy has known her his entire life. It's a headache. Literally." Kat said.

"You don't have any memories of her?" Bucky frowned. So Kat explained her situation, and by the time she finished, pizza had arrived.

As they munched away, Kat suddenly got an idea. "Do you still know Russian?"

"I..." Bucky said. "[Yeah. I do.]"

Kat laughed. "[Oh, this is going to be fun.]" 

Bucky's eyes widened. "[You know Russian?]"

"[Accident of circumstance, but yes.]"

"[And how is this going to be fun?]" Bucky asked, eyes narrowed.

"[Tasha and Loki are the only ones who would understand.]" Kat grinned.

"[Oh. I see.]" Bucky replied, a smile forming.

They were quiet for a minute, and then Kat jumped up. "There is something I have to do," She announced quietly in a slightly ominous tone, "And now is the perfect time."

~~~~~~

When Loki woke, he laid still for a while, thinking of his dream. His mother had contacted him, and they had spoken briefly, as it was difficult to maintain a clear connection over such a distance. Eventually, he removed himself from the bed and refreshed himself in the bathroom.

With a barely restrained smirk, he took his turn. Satisfied with his trick, he walked back out into the room. He noted that the bed seemed more ruffled than it usually was after a night's rest. With a wave of magic, the sheets tidied themselves up. 

Loki wondered if Katha had slept too, and how tired she had been after the spell. It wasn't near the level of what she had in her own head, but for her first highly complicated spell, it would have been taxing. With a start, Loki wondered if she had slept on the bed too. 

Forcing himself to not think about that possibility, Loki went to the kitchen for food. In the corner of the kitchen was a covered tray, with a slight hum of magic, barely a trace, just meant to catch his attention. On it was placed a note in terrible handwriting. 'Lokes, hope you like them -K'

Underneath were several pastries of the donut variety that he had yet to try. They were all the same. He was quick to discover that they were filled with a sweet cream. The second pastry was enjoyed just as thoroughly as the first. The third was filled with a foul taste, and he gagged, spitting it out into the sink. After washing it from his mouth, he sniffed to see if he could ascertain as to what the offending flavor was. It smelled slightly of egg.

"Good morning." He heard Kat's voice behind him.

"What did you do to this?" Loki asked, inspecting the donut.

"What do you mean?" Kat blinked.

"This- what foul thing did you put in here?" Loki pointed at the donut.

"Oh, you must talking about the mayo filled ones." Kat said, leaning against the doorway and brandishing a spoon. 

"Mayo?" Loki inquired.

"Yeah." Kat nodded, and held aloft the item she was holding. On the front of the container, Loki read 'Mayonnaise' and then watched as she took a spoonful of it and consumed the offending substance.

"You can't possibly enjoy that." Loki said, unable to conceal a minor expression of disgust.

"Actually, I think this is great." Kat grinned. Loki couldn't detect a lie in her words, but he still found it to be at least a bit unbelievable.