Chapter 18

The wolf jumped at Dimitri and pinned him down before he could defend himself.

Chris growled at the wolf who tackled his guest. Another growl died in his throat when they all saw an arrow swoosh right through the exact place where the vampire was standing a few seconds ago. The arrow embedded itself in the trunk of a tree.

"GO GET THEM!" Chris bellowed to his pack members who were standing there gawking.

The wolf above Dimitri got off, turned into a human and then went to look at the arrow. Chris gave him a hand which he gladly took and got up.

Together, they trotted towards the tree to have a look at the arrow. Dimitri lifted his hand to touch the arrow but Chris swat it away. "Don't touch it, no one is stupid enough to try to kill a werewolf or a vampire with a simple arrow." Turning to one of his fellow pack members, Chris ordered - "Get gloves from the packhouse and bring this arrow to our laboratory. Tell the forensic to have a look at it."

"I want to know the findings too. As soon as you get any update, inform me," Dimitri told Chris because everything has become more real with this attempt at murder. An attack in the middle of the day among so many people and getting into someone's territory without coming into notice was a matter of extreme concern.

"How do you expect me to contact you?"

Dimitri rolled his eyes. "The same way you contact my dad."

"Give me your phone number then."

"Call my dad's office phone, I can't risk you being a pervert over the phone."

"Well, you aren't getting anything out of me then."

The vampire glared much to Chris' amusement but he returned the favor by glaring back. They were having a stare-off. Eventually, Dimitri gave up; he knew the alpha wolf would stick to his words if he didn't. Extending his hand, he asked for Chris' phone. As soon as the phone was placed on his palm, he typed in his number and declared his departure.

--------×---------

Dimitri's phone dinged in the middle of the night. There was a message from an unknown number. Ofcourse, he knew who the unknown number belonged to. Quickly, he saved the number.

Chris🐶: What are you doing?

Dimitri: Wanting to sleep

Before Chris could reply, Dimitri sent another text.

Dimitri: Alone

Chris🐶: I can make you not want to sleep👅

Dimitri: *rolling eyes* Stop being a pervert. Sleep and let sleep.

Chris🐶: Do you like ice-cream?

Fuck! Is he going to ask me on a date or what? Isn't that going to great lengths for dick?

Dimitri: Why?

Chris🐶: Just answer

Dimitri: Yes, I do

Chris🐶: Do you want my cream?

Dimitri: That wasn't even good. You are the worst.

Chris didn't reply for a few minutes. Dima would never admit to anyone that he was waiting for the werewolf's text. When his screen lit up with a new message, he immediately looked at the notification to read the text without opening it. There were two notifications, a text and the other read –
Chris🐶 sent you a picture.

Begrudgingly he opened the message

Chris🐶: That's the mood right now.

Dimitri: Go and fuck yourself

Chris🐶: Mmm...I am doing that right now

I got up flabbergasted. What the fuck!

Dimitri: You disgusting piece of shit. I'll kill you.

Chris🐶: ROFL. Calm your balls, I was just kidding.

Dimitri: That wasn't funny

Dimitri went offline after that. It didn't take him long to fall asleep. The last thought, which was more of a worry, swimming in his head was how Chris was making him lose his temper more often than not.

The following morning, he woke up to another text by the devil. He nearly died after reading it.

Chris🐶: I did ask you about ice-cream for a reason. A genuine one. Would you like to go for ice-cream and a stroll somewhere the coming weekend? I know you'll probably ignore this message, so regarding that - Stop being a coward and go with me.

As he went to reply, he saw typing... written right below the wolf's name.

Chris🐶: It's a date

👑♥️♥️👑