Chapter 8

Running was refreshing. The leaves rustled along the pathway he ran. It would have been almost terrifying to human eyes as there was no wind and Dima was using his vampire speed. He always found the wild exhilarating and unrealistic; nature is too beautiful to be real. Vampires were said to be devils and what better place for them to hunt their prey than the vast dark wilderness?

Nightly rendezvous in the jungle was a common scenario for him. More often than not one would find him running or simply taking a walk in the forest late at night. Only his Sundays and Fridays were an exception. The former was a family day, and on Fridays, he hit the club with his friends and his brother Feliks when he was home. The plans only changed when his dad or mom had some other agendas that were infrequent.

The train of his thoughts crashed when his leg came in contact with something and he fell, unwantedly kissing the dirt.

What the fuck did happen just now?

He twisted his head around and gaped at the reason for his tumble. As he was still sprawled out on the ground, first a leg came into his vision. He trailed his eyes up that leg, up and up, finally reaching the face.

"Checking me out, Dimitri?"

The words coming from Chris had Dimitri glower. Getting on his feet, he menacingly stared at the werewolf who had been harassing him since they met. "It is too late in the night to take a shower."

"When did you become such a pervert? I tripped you, hurt your gorgeous face and you are offering me a shower with you. Are you a masochist? Want me to hurt you sweetly?" Chris deliberately plastered a sadistic smirk on his face, knowing it will piss off the vampire more. Dimitri didn't disappoint, the slight twitch of his left eye filled Chris with satisfaction.

Meanwhile, Dimitri was busy berating the wolf in his thoughts. Werewolf or not, he was sure Chris was unbearable either way. I've never met a werewolf more twisted than him. I just want to strangle him but dammit! I can't; because then we will be at war with his pack. I think it's better not to react to his ministrations. I do remember him saying that he finds my reactions funny.

Resolved not to give away his take on the situation, Dima deadpanned at Chris before saying his piece - "It is too soon for a third meeting."

A displeased look crossed the werewolf's face after seeing that the vampire was not giving him his usual 'funny reactions.' Covering up his frustration with a broad grin, Chris took a seat on a wooden log not far away from the vampire.

That grin made Dima falter a little. It was the kind of grin Dimitri had always graced his brother with before pulling a prank on him.

"Too soon? Why? I think we are way behind for this third meeting. I mean one and a half weeks is a long time, don't you think?" A cute tilt of his head followed his words.

Dimitri's eyes widened of their own accord. What am I thinking? There is nothing cute about this guy. He is a damn mutt. The notion had him agitated again. He was afraid that gritting his teeth so much might make them fall one day.

"Oh, where are my manners?! Please have a seat, Dimitri." Chris cheesed in between taking out a handkerchief from his jogger pants and wiping the space beside him with delicate movement.

"No, thank you."

"Come on love, I insist."

"Fine, but don't call me that." Dima conceded but only because he wanted a moment to calm himself down after having that 'cute Chris' moment.

Chris threw a full-teeth smile his way.

"You know what, Dimitri?" The person in question only raised an eyebrow. "It is not wise to space out while trotting through a scary wild forest that belongs to your enemies." The words made Dimitri uneasy. Where Chris was going with this? "Anybody can take advantage and kill you...like this."

In the next moment, Dima was lying like Christmas spread on the ground again with Chris on top of him. The atrocity of the situation was - the wolf had his claws out and at Dima's neck.

Shaking off the impact, Dima snorted. Does he think I am afraid of this? I know he wouldn't kill me or harm me. The vampire was not wrong; if the wolf wanted him injured, he would have already done it. Not like the Alpha didn't get the opening.

Both went tight-lipped until Chris reminded Dima of one of the things he asked the vampire at the gym. "You never told me the reason why you dislike werewolves so much."

Chris' eyes were trained on Dima's neck, his claws trailing up and down the said neck while talking. Dimitri took his moment of distraction to his advantage and flipped them around. Then, it was Chris who was lying beneath him with the long-haired man's fingers wrapped around the area of his neck firmly.

Dimitri's blue-brown orbs had gone a ruddy red and his fangs had jutted out. Bending down, he positioned his mouth near the wolf's ear and confided - "I don't dislike werewolves, I hate them." Lowering his mouth a little to the south, he outlined Chris' nape with his fangs. Chris fidgeted and shivered at the act. That shiver happened to bring Dima out of the hex he was in. Shoving himself away, he rose and ran. Away from Chris.

What was Dima doing? Was he really about to drink a werewolf's blood? That was repulsing and unfathomable to a proud vampire like him. He could never do that, let alone think about it. Tasting an enemy's blood was treason and draining him dry of blood was devotion.

The earlier act was a fucked-up reality he had to face and live in guilt. Repentance was the only way left. And he would repent, by not breaking his vow. He clearly remembered that rainy day. He was a few months older than ten years when he had spat those words full of promise.

"I will never drink werewolf blood, only spill it."

══════☸☸☸══════

Word count : 1022

The tension between Dimitri and Chris increasing, I wonder what I have in store for them *sips my mocktail innocently*
What do you think made Dimitri take the oath?

To read a chapter ahead, check my profile on Tapas at QueenWithoutTheCrown.Do not forget to show me love by voting and commenting your love. I promise this gets interesting ;)
Read my other bl books on my profile.

You can also join me on Discord on the Literary Lounge server. Link in my bio.

~ Appy <3

~ Appy <3

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.