Chapter 27

Claudia's POV

I don't know how long I was running but soon I started to hear voices. I slowed down and headed towards the voices (which might not have been the best decision but who cares). 

My eyes widened. There was a big camp filled with people. They were all gathering in the center and one guy was standing in the middle on top of a box. 

"Everyone be quiet!" he yelled. 

"We're at the final stretch! By noon the Sol Luna pack will crumble!" The crowd cheered. 

What the hell was going on? This was not the pack from Greenville. So who are they and why are they going to attack the pack?

I turn around and take off running. I sprinted as fast as I could back to the house. When I got to the door I shifted back and yanked it open and sprinted up the stairs. I went toJake's office because I knew he was probably still up working on things. 

I banged open the door and Jake looked up at me surprised.

 "Claudia what the-" 

I took a deep breath and said "There's an army coming here, they're going to attack sometime before noon. Jake we have to stop them." 

"Claudia calm down, I'll take care of this." 

"You didn't see them! They aren't the pack from Greenville." I exclaimed. 

Jake looked at me confused "Then who are they?" 

"I don't know." 

Jake sighed "Go get the parents and Cole please." I nod and go wake everyone up.

We were up talking strategy until the sun started to come up. Jake had already started calling people and getting the fighters ready. He got all the children, and people who either couldn't or didn't want to fight. 

"Wait what about Hannah?" Cole with an alarmed look. 

"Who?" Jake and my parents said simultaneously. 

Cole looked down at ground embarrassed, "My...friend and Rose's friend." I flinch at the sound of Rose's name. 

"Claudia has met as well." 

My mother looked at Cole with a prying look, "Well shouldn't she be safe in the town?" 

Cole rubbed the back of his neck "She doesn't live in the town she lives in the woods a couple miles from here." 

"What!?" we all exclaim. 

"Jake told me to check the house out awhile back and I did and we became friends." Cole said defensively. 

Jake rubbed his temples, "Yes I remember. We shouldn't leave her in the middle of a fight. Cole since you seem to know her pretty well you can go get her and bring her back here. Quickly though ok?" Cole nodded and left.

We all gathered outside with the fighters and Jake was telling the pack the plan. 

"Ok group one will get them from the left and then group two will wait two minutes before attacking from the right. Then group three will come around from behind them after group two attacks. Is everything clear?" 

"Yes Alpha." 

"Good. The camp is here," Jake pointed to the circle spot on the map, "we have two spies watching them and once we get the signal that they left the camp we wait until the come to us. Our goal is to keep this as far from the houses as possible. Is everything clear?" 

"Yes Alpha." 

"Are you ready?" Jake yelled and the everyone cheered. 

"Good. Now I will lead group one, your Beta will lead group two and my sister will lead group three. Is everything clear?" 

"Yes sir." 

"If I hear you disrespected my \ sister there will be punishment. Got it?" 

"Yes sir." 

"Good." 

Jake and another wolf started assigning people to groups when Cole showed up. 

"Is she in the house?" 

"Yup." 

"Did you have a hard time getting her here?" 

"Don't worry about it." I smirked.

"Ok." 

"So what's going on?" 

"Your leading a group congratulations." I say.

"Yay me." he said sarcastically and I explained the plan to him. 

After Jake and the other dude had finished assigning people their group I walked over to them. 

"So which one's mine?" I asked. 

Jake pointed to a group of wolves on the far right. Jake nodded at the other dude and me and him walked over to where the people were standing. 

"If they disrespect you tell me ok? And please don't beat the crap out of them." he whispered. I sigh.

"I won't beat the crap out of them." 

"Good." 

"Ok everyone this is Claudia respect her. You can address her as Ms." I chuckle. 

"Don't call me miss. Call me Claudia and if you have a problem with me say it now or forever hold your hate." I look around at the group and no one was meeting my eyes. 

"Ok no problems. Good. Now any questions, comments, concerns?" I look at them again and they still avoided my eyes. 

"None really? Wow. Such a quiet group. You," I pointed at a girl with blonde hair that was in a bun "why is no one talking?" She looked around her. 

"Your kinda scary." she said and then looked around like some one was going to beat her up. 

I burst out laughing. They thought I was scary, I mean I don feel kinda bad about that and I don't want them to be scared of me. J

ake punched me in the arm, "Get going." I stifle my laughter and Jake gave me a walkie talkie and I led the group into the woods.