Chapter 1

"It's ok Rose just one more year." dad says as he drops me off at the high school. 

"Yeah. Bye dad." I say quietly. 

My dad and I are part of the Sol Luna pack. I am fortunate enough that I'm not the omega, and either way our pack cares for each other. I haven't spoken to anyone besides my dad since wolves from a rival pack killed my mother in front of me. I'm invisible to everyone and nobody really bothers me which is nice. I sign to my teachers and nobody make fun of me for it. Because it's a requirement to learn asl in preschool because there are some def members.

I walk into school and find my locker. Our pack goes to a high school with some other different packs that we have close alliances with. I close my locker door and head to my first class.

At lunch I find a bench outside and sit down to read and eat. I love the outdoors. I just turned 17, today, which is when we find our mates. I'm really excited to find my mate because then I won't have to be alone anymore. I have my dad though, but I also wish I had some one to confide in, and hangout with who likes me for me.

I jump when I hear the sirens start to wail. The sirens only go off when there's intruders. I see a team of 5 come out of the woods. Some people were going after them, we were technically supposed to, we were supposed to wait until the alpha gets here to handle it. Next thing I know I'm being pushed to the ground and a wolf was snarling down at me. I turn my head to the side to show that I'm surrendering. Then it's off me in a flash, I sit up and a light gray wolf with a colored tipped tail was on top of the other wolf biting down on its neck. I start to shake, all I can think about is the night my mom was killed. Her scream, the wolf's growl as he ripped her throat out  and there was nothing I could do about it. 

"Hey are you ok?" I look up. 

There standing in front of me is one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen. My heart starts to beat faster and I can hear my wolf waking up. I nod my head. She holds out her hand and I take it. As I stand up Jake, the alpha, came running up to us. 

"Claudia I told you to not to get involved!" 

As they were arguing I bowed my head in respect and started to inch away but Claudia grabbed my arm and I flinched. "Bro I was just trying to save a member of our pack. Would you rather I let her die?" 

"No of course not," he exclaimed. 

"What's your name?" 

"Rose" I sign back. 

"Are you deaf?" he signs. I shake my head. 

"Ok Rose I'm sorry that you were attacked. We weren't expecting it. If there's anything I can do just let me know ok." I nod. 

"Well I have to make sure the rest of the pack is ok. There'll be a meeting at 3:30 you better be there. See ya sis." Jake says and he walks off. 

Claudia is shouting something back to him and I take this opportunity to slip away back into the building.