"Are you ticklish Cato?" I smiled.

"No. Why would you ask such a thing?" But I could already tell he was lying as he was blushing, big time.

"You are and don't lie." I said, poking him continuously. He managed to grab my hands and pin them tight against the wall.

"Not fair!" I complained. He smirked, happily.

"Serves you right for tickling me."

"I was only getting you back." I retorted. There was now one question replaying in my mind, "Cato?" I asked. He perked his head up and looked straight into my eyes, "What did you mean by you don't want to be the one to kill me in the arena?"

I watched him intently as he took a deep breath.

"I'm not good at this stuff." He said, breathing deeper, "Do you believe in love at first sight Alexis?" I stood there stunned. I heard a noise behind the wall, but I ignored it.

"Kind of. It does have a truth to the meaning, but it's not always true." I think I made him even more confused because his eyes went dark, as though he was thinking deeply about something. I decided to be brave and I gently lifted his head up with my finger so his eyes were level with mine. He stood up straighter, bringing me up with him.

He rested his forehead onto mine. I could feel his heart beating faster. I wrapped both of my arms behind his neck. He dropped both of his hands to my waist. I found that I only ever wanted to be here, wrapped in Cato's arms forever.

"Lexi, do you love me?" He asked. I couldn't speak. I was so stunned, I felt myself choking up. He was gorgeous. I thought someone like me would never be enough for someone like him. Obviously I was wrong. All I could manage was to look in his eyes and nod. "Well, it's good enough for me." He finished. He gently leaned down, his lips barely a centimetre from mine and then he kissed me.

It was soft and sweet. Like everything I had imagined with him. He held me into him, pulling me in tighter, like he never wanted to let go. I was doing much the same, pulling his head as close as I could to mine. It was like we were made for each other, both destined to be in each other's arms. I never wanted this to stop, but I knew it had to, sooner or later.

Cato gently broke away, resting his forehead on mine again, his eyes closed, treasuring the moment.

"I think we'd better go back to our floors. We've got a big day tomorrow." He said.

"I suppose so." I said distantly, the last thing I wanted was to let him go. My hands fell from his neck. He let go of my waist to hold them tight.

"Alexis, I love you. Don't let anyone persuade you otherwise, no matter what. I will always love you." I smiled and nodded, quickly kissing him again before I departed for my floor. I felt his eyes burn into the back of my head as I walked away. Could he be faking it? The words rang in my head. I had no way of knowing but I knew one thing for sure; I'm in love with a killer, I thought. I fell asleep feeling his cold, sweet lips on mine again.

I woke up really early, a complete change to yesterday when I got up extremely late. At least Ellie will be happy she didn't have to wake me in hysterics. I opened the closet and found the training uniform. It looked extremely tight. I pulled it on and admired myself. As I presumed, it was very tight, but I liked it. I pulled my hair back in a basic ponytail and hopped out of my room, ready for breakfast.

Only Cody was awake and he didn't look happy to see me, but despite that, he handed me a plate and gestured for me to serve myself. I loaded my plate with a couple of pancakes and some berries. I poured maple syrup over them and sat down across from Cody.