18

《Tony》
Oh God, oh God, oh God. The only thoughts running through my mind were helpless attempts to get some comefort from someone above us. I had no idea why I was so nervous, why was I so nervous? Tony Stark never gets nervous, but yet here we are. I sat down on a chair and fiddled with my sweating hands in order to calm down while taking long, deep breaths.

"Why are you so stressed?" Stephen asked as he sat down next to me. "Because the others are taking Goddamn long to get here and it freaks me out." I tried to sound casual, but it almost ended up in an anxiety attack. Stephen placed a warm hand on my back and rubbed circles on it. "It's okay, do you hear that? The first ones are here." As he said that the elevator dinged and footsteps followed.

I moved my head towards the sound and saw Natasha, Bruce, Steve, Bucky and Sam walk in. "Why is everyone taking so long?" I grabbed the papers anxiously, crumpling it between my shaking hands. Steve sat down in front of me and gave me a worried look. "They were all out, but they'll be here soon. Why are you stressing out?"

"Nothing." I lied. I stood up and grabbed a glass and a bottle of whiskey, pouring it into the glass. I shoved it down my throat in one gulp and sat down again. "Tony, you shouldn't drink now, that's not good. Certainly not in your state." Bruce reasoned. Slamming the glass on the table, I let out a deep sigh. "It helps me relax big guy, maybe you should try it as well."

After two minutes the rest of the team walked in as well, giving me the opportunity to relax for a few seconds. That feeling sadly faded away when I realized I had to ask them. Come on Tony, they all love Peter, of course they want to adopt him. The calming voice in my head helped me catch my breath and start my story. Why I was being so anxious? To be honest, I had no idea myself.

"So.. uhm... glad you all could come at such short notice, but next time a bit faster please." I began. I looked down at the papers in front of me. Do it for Peter, you can do it. I sighed again. "You all must have heard that Peter is an orphan and homeless and stuff."

"No, I never knew that." Clint teased sarcastically. It earned a few chuckles from the crowd. I gave him a short glare. "Funny today, aren't we?" "Always." For the thousandth time that day I sighed. "The world thinks he is dead, but the government never put it down in documents or how the fuck they do that these days, so he is still a missing orphan. Which means he can't just stay here forever. He needs to go to an orphanage."

I wasn't even done with my story or I got billions of threats, swearing words and other mean things thrown to my head.

"You want to send him to an orphanage?!"

"I thought you cared about him!"

"He will be with at least twenty other little kids cropped up in a tiny building!"

"We don't even know if that's safe!"

"He was attacked!"

"He saved our lives!"

"You can't just let him leave while he's injured!"

"UNLESS," I screamed to make the crazy crowd stop yelling and throwing stuff at me, "unless we, you know, take him in." The last part was so quiet, the rest of the team had to lean in to hear it. They all seemed to get what I said though. "You mean, you want us to adopt him?" Bruce asked. I nodded shyly. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Wanda grab Natasha's hand out of shock. In response she squeezed it to comfort her. Knew it, I said to myself.

"So... what do you guys say? We adopt him all, so we are all family of his. No one has to take the responsibility on their own, we are all there to help." My courage was growing by the word, since the whole room lit up with the brightness of everyone's smiles. "I'll take that as a yes?"

Everyone nodded excitedly. I grabbed Stephen's shoulder and let out my shaking breath I had been holding in for a while. "Thanks guys, you're amazing. Sign here." They all grabbed a pena and signed one by one. Steve gave Bucky a gentle kiss and hugged him afterwards. Natasha and Wanda held hands the entire time and gave everyone a glare if they said something about it.

After everyone was done and wanted to leave to do their own things, Steve spoke up. "Wait! I also had a topic to discuss." Sighing, everyone sat down again. I raised my eyebrows at the Captain, signalling for him to get to the point. "Spider-Man." Was the only word that came out of his mouth. It seemed to get the attention of everyone in the room though.

"We had a mission, remember? Fury told us to capture the man and bring him in to find out who he is under the mask. He could be a possible threat." Pietro sighed and chuckled. "Come on, that man stops robberies and helps people in need, he isn't a bad guy." He said. Half of the team nodded in agreement and looked uo at Steve again, eyebrows raised.

"At this point he is a good man helping the villagers of New York, indeed. But it has happened a lot of times that a lerson tries to gain our trust, so we wouldn't be prepared when they attacked. Fury wants to overcome that this time." This gained another few nods. "But, he hasn't been out in the past three days." Natasha said.

"That is the thing that worries us, what is he planning on doing? The crime rates are getting higher. What if he is the one who caused that?"

A loud thud was heard from the hallway and a groan followed. The whole room turned their heads towards the sound, but there was nothing to see. "Peter?" I asked loudly. His head poked out from behind the corner, but he was rather low. "Yeah?" He responded innocently. "What are you doing there?" Clint laughed.

Peter rubbed his head a few times. "I tried to walk, but I slipped. That stupid leg isn't very helpful with that." He grinned sheepishly, showing all his teeth. I stood up and walked over to him to help him stand up. He murmured a quiet "thank you" when he was standing again. "You shouldn't walk on that. Don't you have a wheelchair or crutches or something?"

He shook his head a few times. "No wheelchair, I want to gain my strength. I don't want to be in bed all day and read a book or something, I want to walk again as soon as possible." I nodded, but shook my head after that. "No, you need to rest, or else it will only take longer." I places his arm over my shoulder and turned my head around to look at the team. "Just go on without me, I'll be there in a second."

I got Peter back to his room and placed him down on his bed. I sighed and grabbed my ribs, groaning softly when I sat down on the chair next to the bed. Peter looked at me with worried eyes. "Tony, are you okay? Do you have pain?" I waved it away with a hand sign. "Kid, it's fi-"
"Just tell me." He interrupted me. I sighed and motioned for him to lay down. He did what was told and grabbed the covers of his bed.

"I have a few broken ribs, but I'm fine, just go to sleep." His eyes widened with shock and I regretted saying it straight away. "Really Pete, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." I walked out of the door and turned off the light. "Goodnight Peter."

"Goodnight."

Okay, I like writing action more, so prepare for an upcoming chapter with a lot of.... yeah, with a lot of what?😏

The mean me is coming back bitchesssss!

Au revoir, little biscuits!
~Dumbledore