Bewitched : Part Six

Start from the beginning

"My friend has a house which is empty. We will be moving in tomorrow."

Gauri opens her eyes. She blankly lies on her bed as she thought of Omkara and what he did to her. And soon her eyes were filled with tears. She had cried a lot but her tear bank seems to be in full supply.

"Gauri..."

Hearing Nani, Gauri drags herself out of the bed and looks around confused seeing everything packed up in boxes.

"Nani?" Gauri says coming out of her room confused.

"Get ready, Gauri. We are moving from this house."

"Why?" Gauri asks confused.

"You need a change."

"But Nani..."

"Last night, Omkara Singh Oberoi had come to see you. I told him you had slept. He said he will come today morning." Nani informs her.

No, I can't see him again. I don't want to see him again.

"I'll get ready fast."

Khanna was driving while Om sat next to him lost in thoughts.

"Sir, can I ask you something?"

"Hmmm?"

"Yesterday, you told bhabhiji's nani..."

"Bhabhiji?" Om asks smiling; it felt like years since he had last smiled.

"You said you were not going to give up." Khanna tells him with a small smile.

Om smiles at him. "What were you asking?"

"You told bhabhiji's nani about seeing the past and she said she could give pain by looking at people." Khanna says hesitantly.

Om remains silent wondering what to tell him.

"Are they psychic?"

"NO!" Om says shocked.

"Then in the video... she said about being a witch." Khanna reminds him softly.

Remembering the video Om closes his eyes in pain. "She is a witch."

"Oh God!" Khanna says scared.

"Don't worry, when I am there, she is not going to do anything to harm you." Om tells him confidently.

"Thank you, Sir." Khanna says in relief.

"Not because I'll protect you, I'll if the need arises." Om amends.

"Then?"

"She will be too busy trying to kill me." Om informs him with a shrug and Khanna's face turns white in horror.

Khanna stops the car outside Gauri's house. Khanna hurries to help Om out.

"Sir, is it okay if I wait outside?" Khanna asks worriedly.

"Yeah." Om says smiling.

"If anything happens, you scream out to me."

"And you will come and save me from the murderous witches?" Om asks with a chuckle as he walks to the gate then he stops in shock seeing the lock on the gate.

Gauri was unpacking the boxes trying to keep her mind off Omkara. She tried to keep herself busy but he crept up into her thoughts. Every minute or so she would start crying. It still gave her a murderous pain to remember what he did to her. It was all an act and she was the fool who had believed it.

Wiping her tears furiously, Gauri takes out her books when she stops in shock seeing the topmost book. Her diary. The dam breaks and she starts crying, trying hard to muffle her sobs as she didn't want Nani and Bhavya masi to catch her crying. They already caught her crying four times today.

For the first time, she understood why her mother had killed herself. This pain was unbearable and death suddenly was an unbeatable temptation. Seeing her swiss knife lying on the table, she opens it and looks at it.

How easy it would be to end it all?

Gauri keeps the knife on her wrist.

Press and slice, and everything would be over.

Gauri closes her eyes contemplating then gives up; she couldn't do this to Nani and Bhavya masi. They would be shattered. Sighing she was about to keep the knife away when she hears the door open. She turns to look at it and sees Nani and Bhavya Masi looking at her in shock.

"GAURI!" Nani shouts at her as she came near her in a hurry.

"Have you gone crazy?" Bhavya asks her. "Death is not the answer to everything."

"Nani..."

Nani snatches the knife away from her then asks her helplessly, "Is it too much to bear?"

"Yes." Gauri tells them remembering her heart break.

"Does he mean so much to you? More than your life?" Bhavya asks her furiously.

"Yes." Gauri whispers closing her eyes. She was about to tell them that she was not going to kill herself and she will not when Bhavya's words stopped her.

"Erase her memory."

"What?" Gauri asks opening her eyes.

"Make her forget him." Bhavya tells her mother.

"Stop it, Bhavya." Nani says angrily.

"You can make me forget?" Gauri asks hopefully.

"I can't." Nani replies.

"Don't lie. I have heard you lamenting only if you had erased Malik's memory from Padmini that she could be alive today." Bhavya aruges

"That is not the solution." Nani says stubbornly.

"Today we stopped her. And do you think she will not try this again? How long can we stop her?"

"Please Nani." Gauri begs her. "I can't bear this pain. Please Nani... I'll die every day thinking about him. I can never forget him, so please make me forget him." Gauri pleads falling on her knees.

Nani looks at Gauri helplessly.

"Please Nani, I am begging you. Take away all his memories from me."

Please vote and comment

- Lazy