Chapter 16

"That concludes today's meeting," Jimin stated ending the meeting, he stood up and held Jisoo's hand then went out of the headquarters

They got on his motorcycle and drove away. "Jimin?" Jisoo called out to Jimin. He hummed to let her know he's listening since he can't take his eyes off the road.

"I'm looking forward to your story," Jisoo said and hugged Jimin tighter from the back. Jimin couldn't help but smile at the girl's actions. "Honestly, how can a person be as cute as her?" Jimin mentally chuckled at the cuteness of his most loved person.

As they arrived at their house, Jimin guided Jisoo to their bedroom where they both laid down. Jimin placed his hand under his head while Jisoo was hugging him, his other hand was holding Jisoo close.

"Can we start the story?" Jimin asked looking deeply at Jisoo's eyes. She nodded her head excitedly as she couldn't wait to finally find out the truth about the place where she grew up.

"Once, there was a prince named Park Jinyoung, he was the one and only son of the king and queen back then. When his time came, the prince was crowned as the new king of the little Kingdom known as Delmore. Delmore back then was wonderful, everyone lived to love someone and create their own beautiful family," Jimin started, remembering the lovely stories his mom told him, and the look in her eyes when she use to tell him the stories he'd never forget

"One day the prince met a lovely lady named Im Nayeon. She was one of the slaves. And my father, Park Jinyoung, liked her instantly. You see, my mother was very beautiful, and everyone would take advantage of her beauty since she's a slave. And my father, is a ruthless man, he doesn't care about anyone's feelings but his. So one day, my father decided to buy my mother and he took her home to the palace. My father said he'd transform my mother into a lady worth being his wife and the queen of the kingdom. But that's not the case, she was treated as trash and even forced into making a little companion with my father, which ended with the birth of a baby named Park Jimin" Jimin's story was interrupted when Jisoo held his hand, she looked at him and he just smiled.

"The time came and my father married my mother, and they both became the king and queen of Delmore with the little Prince Jimin. People treated my mom a lot better after being the queen. My dad however, didn't change, he'd only go to my mother when he needed to do 'it' and he'd bring random ladies at the palace. But when mother even talks to a guy, she'd be punished by my dad. She'd always protect me from my father, and she always used to suffer instead of me. My mother was indeed a lovely lady. The time came when my father and mother argued. She told him she never loved him, and he told her he doesn't care as long as they could do 'it'. My mother had enough, and tried to leave my father and the palace, taking me with her, but my dad held me hostage and said if she leaves he'll kill me. And my father did try to kill me, but my mother once again sacrificed herself for me, her last words were 'Run, be free' and so, I ran, and lived all by myself. After that, the king implemented a rule, the number 1 rule in Delmore, he said if he can't have his love, no one can. They built a device to put into little companion's heart to detect the feeling of love and when it does, the device explodes killing the heart along with the person."

"So does that mean that there are people who don't have this device on their hearts?" Jisoo asked, Jimin nodded.

"Yes, but I'm afraid most of the people that doesn't have it already passed away. But I do know some people who are still alive without the device on their hearts."

Jimin explained and Jisoo tilted her head to the side "And that would be?" She asked him face full of curiosity.

"That would be me, Jungkook,"

Jimin paused for a while

"and You,"

...

A/N:
Now you know the origin of the rule >♡< I hope it was interesting! Thank you for your support! I hope your enjoying the story♡