Chapter Fifteen: Troye

Start from the beginning

A faint knock sounded on the door, and I shot up, already knowing that it was him. I opened the door and there he stood, dressed in a simple white t-shirt paired with a black leather jacket and black jeans. He unselfconsciously ran his hand through his hair, biting his lip in a way that was just so attractive. He held out his hand for me, and I gratefully took it as he lead me to sit in the front seat of his car. 

“So, where are we going?” He smirked, and told me that it was for him to know and me to find out. The top of the classy convertible was down, and the wind rushed through my perfectly-styled hair. 

 “Tristan!” I shrieked, “my hair is going to be absolutely ruined! I’m going to look awful!”

“Babe, nothing could ever make you look awful.” The sincere note in his voice made the compliment all the more believable and I blushed, not wanting him to know how much an off-hand comment from him really meant to me.

 “Smooth shit.” He chuckled, and I smiled at the happiness in his voice. The streets of the illuminated city rushed past, and slowly the stars became more visible as we left the pollution and fog of Los Angeles.

We pulled up, after a hellishly long drive, at a small outcropping of rock near the coast. It was beautiful. The moon shone through the thin clouds, and stars glowed brighter than any I’d ever seen, even those in Perth. 

 “Do you like it?” His eyes were clouded with worry, and I just felt amazement that someone as wonderful as him could be as unsure of himself as he is.

“I love it.” Tristan looked deep into my eyes, and smiled lovingly.

“Well, I love you.”

 End Flashback

“Troye? Babe?” I snapped back to reality, still dazed from the memories of happier, simpler times. Those moments had morphed into shouting, crying and unescapable love.

“Yeah? Sorry, I zoned out for a minute there.” He giggled at my shy tone, and I was taken back to when we were so in love. All couples have rough patches. We’ve been through ours, and maybe now we could go back to the way we used to be.

 Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flurry of movement. Tristan was suddenly on one knee, my hand still entwined with his larger one.

“Troye, my love. I’ve loved you since we met all those months ago at some random club in the middle of nowhere. Our first date, we sat in these very seats, still too shy and unsure of ourselves and each other to really say anything. Our second date, we drove to our special place up on June’s Rock, and had a picnic. That was where I first said I love you.”

By this time, a small crowd had gathered, and I had a slight inkling of what was happening. My heart was fluttering in the cage that was my chest, and my hands were shaking. Tristan continued, his voice never unsteady despite the mammoth task in front of him.

“I never dreamed that I could meet someone as perfect as you. You, Troye Sivan Mellet, are incredible. You are stunning, your eyes the colour of the most beautiful sky. You’re hilarious, and you make me feel happier every single day, as impossible as it seems to both you and I. You never give up on anything, and for that, I admire you so much. You’re my rock, my anchor, and I could never live my life is you weren’t here to light the way.” 

Tears were dripping down my face, but for once, they were good tears. I knew that we were soulmates, so there really wasn’t any need for him to propose, but the gesture was something that I could never forget.

“So, Troye Sivan Mellet.” The crowd held their breath, as did I, to be totally honest. It was happening. Am I really going to do this?

“Will you marry me?”

A/N

firstly don’t hate me pls ik ik ik! IM SORRRYYYYY *once again runs to corner*

EYY MY CHILDREN

this story hit 17,000 reads, 1,600 votes and 900 comments. Guys, THANK YOU SO MUCH, ILY ALL <3

also pls don’t hate me even more for this chapter and how it ends (thanks to @bandsandyoutubersk for helping me with that ;) )

DEDICATED TO @LonelyFlowerChild for being fab, and American. ALSO LOOK OUT FOR HER AND FOLLOW HER BECAUSE SHE IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING V COOL

thanks to Sam Smith’s Leave Your Lover for giving me the soundtrack to write this, and tbh it’s kinda ironic because no one’s leaving, they’re proposing (sorry but you all saw it coming)

HAHAHHA LAST CHAPTER ALL YOUR COMMENTS WERE HILARIOUS HAHAHHA

thanks for reading beautiful people, leave me a vote and comment pls nah jks ok if you want to LOLZOR (can’t believe I love dan enough to write that)

ILL SEE YOU SOON OR MAYBE NOT YOU GUYS KNOW HOW BAD MY UPDATE TIMINGS ARE OK BYEE THIS WAS A V LONG A/N JUST LIKE ALL MY OTHERS 

OK BYEE ILY <3