Chapter Nine: Tyler

"TROYE!" He turned, and ran over to me, throwing himself into my arms. My head rested comfortably on his shoulder, and our arms wrapped around each other. I inhaled his soft scent, feeling his breathing, the steady rhythm soothing me.

"Tyler." He lifted my head gently, his gorgeous eyes searing into mine. I felt my heart race as I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling his soft breath wash over my neck. 

"I love you babe." His lips brushed against my ear, sending thrills down my spine. His arms pulled me closer to him, intertwining our bodies. It felt perfect, like it was meant to be.

"I love you too." I went onto my tiptoes, engulfed in the depths of his eyes. He was captivating, and I couldn't look away.

He gently lifted my chin, his long fingers stroking down the side of my face softly. My eyes fluttered shut, my head swirling in the overwhelming sense of calm and love radiating from him.

"Happy birthday Tyler." With those words, he took my wrist, clasping our hands together, a loving smile making it's way onto his face.

"Soulmate."

I bolted upright, my heart racing. I was awake. What? Why was I dreaming about Troye being with me on my birthday? I know it wasn't because I had feelings for him or anything, our relationship was strictly platonic. Sure, in the dream, he made my head spin, and his eyes almost drowned me in their utter perfection, but, a guy can appreciate an attractive guy, right? It didn't mean I had feelings for him. I'm a grown man, I can control my own feelings.

I made my way to the most important room in my apartment, my kitchen, just grabbing cereal, then I, completely gracefully, flopped onto my couch, picking up my laptop. I quickly checked my Twitter and Tumblr notifications, retweeting and reblogging a few things, before turning to my phone. I had two texts, one from Zoe and one from Joe, but I ignored them for now.

He called me.

Troye called me.

What do I do? Do I call him? My god Tyler, of course you call him, that's what most normal people would do, isn't it? But what do I say? 

Completely without my permission, my finger swipes right, and I was calling Troye. The dialling tone started, and my hands were shaking for some absurd reason. I couldn't be nervous, all I was doing was calling a good friend.

"Hi Tyler!" Oh god, he picked up. My thoughts were all scrambled, and I stayed silent for way too long to be considered normal.

"H-hi Troye!" I stuttered. Tyler Oakley does not stutter. He sasses and cackles, but never stutters. 

"So, I was, um, wondering if youwanttohangoutoday?" He said the words in a rush, almost as if he was nervous. Ha Tyler, why would someone as perfect as him be nervous about talking to you?

"Sure, Troyeboy. Be at mine at five, if you missed me that much!" That was better, the usual Tyler re-emerged. See, Troye didn't affect me at all. 

Maybe a little.

"O-ok then, bye Tyler." I sat back, confident in myself, before I realised that the guy that I'd had a romantic dream about was going to be at my apartment in five minutes. I frantically ran to the bathroom, making sure my hair was presentable, before I dressed myself properly, and stuffed all my miscellaneous stuff under my bed.

The doorbell rang, right on time, and I almost ran to the door, only stopping once I registered what I was doing. After internally berating myself for being so eager, I casually opened the door, only for my jaw to just drop.

Troye just stood there, being all perfect, with those incredible eyes and, oh, he was biting his lip. My cheeks flared, the heat practically emanating from my face, just displaying my embarrassment for the world to see.