Chapter Five: Tyler

I froze.

There those fateful letters were. Had I really found him?

Some unintelligible words spluttered out of my mouth before I turned on my heel and fled towards my apartment. As my head raced, trying to comprehend the enormity of my discovery, my phone buzzed in my hand. Oh. It's Joe, Zoe's brother. He's a good laugh, a party animal and a total hunk. Mmm.

"You alright mate?" Joe's British accent spilled through the phone into my ears.

"Yeah, you?" I replied distractedly, only half-listening to whatever Joe replied.

"-yeah. So you coming?" Some faint mumblings about a new nightclub replayed through my brain, and before I knew it, I'd replied.

"Great. See you there at 10." Ugh, another night in some sweaty club, dancing with random strangers and trying to avoid the sleazy men. What had I done, when all I wanted was to watch Frozen and eat Ben  & Jerry's. 

//////////

Back at my apartment, I rifled through my extensive wardrobe, trying to find a cute outfit. Getting ready usually boosted my mood, but apparently not tonight. Nothing seemed to go together, and I was slowly getting more frustrated. Finally, I decided on a simple blue and white polka dot button down, paired with black skinny jeans. After checking my quiff and grabbing my keys, I headed to the door. 

Once at the club, I tried to locate Joe, Zoe and Alfie amongst the glazed eyes of the other club-goers. Honestly, it was my bad habit. Trying to sip life from bottles never works. All it does is ruin the next day.

I finally got to my friends, who, luckily for me, had gotten a booth and a round of shots. I downed it, spurred on by the grins and cheers of my friends. Zoe dragged me out to the dancefloor, in amongst the many people, making me feel almost suffocated by the stale air and stench of sweat.

The next few hours were just blurs of colours and alcohol. Song after song, shot after shot, and soon I was grinding on some unknown guy.

In my alcohol-clouded brain, whatever he whispered to me was completely lost. I nodded dumbly, and let him lead me out of the club and into a taxi. Whenever we reached wherever we were going, he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the cab.

Leading me up the stairs, he kissed me roughly, and I stupidly kissed back. Suddenly, everything was a haze of the bright lights outside, and the beating of my empty heart.

A few hours passed, and with them, coherent thought, and I was floating, unknowing and unfeeling.

/////////

I woke up to a pounding headache, and the overwhelming feeling of regret and guilt. I inched out of the bed, quickly gathered up my scattered clothes, and left the stranger, and with him, my carelessness. I was feeling absurdly guilty, and I didn't know why.

As usual after a night out, I had several messages, mostly from Zoe, checking that I was ok. In reality, I really wasn't. I'd had a realisation.

I was empty. 

I'm pretty sure that I'll never find him. Never know him. Never be held by him.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to die.

But, Troye.

If I can, I'm going to find him. Just to check. Make sure that he isn't the one, and then spend the last few months of my life living it up, and not wallowing in my own helplessness and self-pity.

Once back in my apartment, I logged on to Tumblr, as per my usual. After scrolling through my dashboard, I gave up, and sat on my little balcony, overlooking the lights and letting the city sounds wash over me.

My thoughts wandered to Troye. The Starbucks guy. Possible soulmate. He was probably my ideal guy. Tall, but not a giant. Blue eyes, and a hella strong quiff game. Amazing fashion sense, and gorgeous lips. Lips that are probably kissing his soulmate right now. Damnit.

And even though I knew that Troye was taken, even though I knew the chances were 1 in a billion, even though I knew that it was hopeless, I daydreamed of the look of recognition and curiosity in his eyes. I daydreamed of his tall body pressed into mine. I dreamed of his piercing blue eyes looking caringly into mine.

I daydreamed.

And then they changed.

My daydreams turned into dreams.

A/N Hi! OMG, long time no see. Ok, 6 days isn't that long, but it feels it. I'm so so so sorry, I didn't mean to let it take this long, I've just been so busy! My birthday was on Saturday, and I've been revising for a test on the most wonderful subject of Physics. EW.

WAIT. I HIT 800 READS. WHAT IN THE WORLD EVEN HUH. AS OF RIGHT NOW, I HAVE 879! WOW. I love you guys so much! Thank you for reading this, I seriously didn't expect like any reads apart from my four friends. Wow that sounded sad.

Dedicated to @trxyler2203 who is of course the author of the incredible Perth Plan, for being so nice and taking the time to read my lowly fanfic. THANK YOU QUEEN. And as for her story, you've obviously read it, if not, WHO ARE YOU? 

Whilst writing this, I listened to If These Sheets Were States (All Time Low) and of course, Happy Little Pill, as you can probably guess from the several references ;)

THANKS GORGEOUS PEOPLE, READ COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT<3