Chapter Eight: Troye

"Hey Trist." I smiled gently at him, surprised and confused when his face stays stony and emotionless. What's wrong with him? Have I upset him? God Troye, what's wrong with you?!

"Tristan? Are you ok babe? What did I do?" He was acting weird, and I didn't like it. I've never seen him this way.

"No babe, it isn't you. I just. That Tyler guy. I don't like him. I don't like the way he was looking at you." His eyes shone, but his face betrayed nothing. I chuckled at his insecurity, astounded at how he could think anything of that nature.

"Babe, as if! He's my friend, and besides, you're the only one for me, and you always will be." Some of the tension in his shoulders dissolved, and his mouth lifted up slightly at the corners. He focused on the road as he drove, and I contemplated our conversation.

Tristan was-jealous? Why? Tyler is only a friend, obviously. But-no. Not going to go there. The tiny voice in my mind was whispering words of doubt, doubt in us, doubt in myself. I didn't know why I was getting so worked up. Tristan is mine, and I am his. There won't ever be anyone else. Just us, in our little bubble. Tyler's just a friend. Somehow, my heart sunk when I thought that. Troye, you're being ridiculous. You aren't interested in Tyler like that, and even if you were, which you aren't, he doesn't feel the same way. Does he? As if. Besides, Tristan is all I'll ever need.

With my mind settled and at rest, I focused my attention on my phone, as usual. Zoe had texted me, just saying something about a trip her and Alfie were going on. I felt the car stop, and realised that we were home. I jumped out of the car, excited to snuggle on the sofa with my guy. 

After we got into our apartment, I collapsed onto the big, cushy sofa, waiting impatiently for Tristan to join me. He didn't, he just sat down at the iMac, like he always did, and stared at the screen.

"Tristaaan." I whined, hopeful that he would come lie down next to me, and maybe stroke my hair. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

"Look Troye, maybe not tonight. I've had a really bad day, and I just want some me time. You don't have to cling to me all the time. Ok?" His harsh words stung, and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. It wasn't often that Tristan was in a bad mood, but I hated it when he was. He could be cruel and cold, and I hated that side of him. Even though he always apologised, his words always remained in my head. They were never something I could easily forget.

Tristan turned on his heel and slammed the door of the office behind him. I slunk down into the sofa, upset, with tears streaming down my face. I stayed that way until morning.

//////////

I woke up in an uncomfortable position, an aching back, and the remnants of tears still streaked down my face. I looked around, curious to see if Tristan was home, and if he was still in a bad mood. I hoped not. I mean, he'd never hit me or anything, but it hurts to see him unhappy.

I then remembered that he was on a business trip, to see his new bosses, over in Oregon. He was going to be gone for a night, which made me sad, but at the same time hopeful that he could have the me time he wanted, and then revert back to his usual loving self.

I stretched, cracking all down my back, and got up to make myself pancakes. The batter in the pan, I sat on the worktop counter, completely zoned out. My mind, for some completely insane reason, flashed to Tyler. His minty-green hair. His eyes. His gorgeous smile. 

An acrid smell drew me out of my daydreams. The pancakes were burning. Great. Well done Troye, try to cook breakfast and it's the Great Fire of LA.

After I extinguished my breakfast, got a giant jar of Nutella and successfully slumped into my browsing position on my sofa, my thoughts were led, once again, to Tyler. I don't know why I felt so drawn to him. He was everything I thought my ideal soulmate would be, and a little more. Admittedly, I didn't expect my soulmate to have an ear-splitting cackle more terrifying than Alfie's voice, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Troye. What the hell are you doing. Tyler is not your soulmate, for god's sake! He is a friend, only a friend, even if he is a friend who has the same initials as the ones on my wrist. No, Troye! Thoughts like those are only going to tempt you, and, once again, Tristan is your soulmate!

Tristan is my everything, a guy way out of my league, yet a guy who I could spend the rest of my life with. I know he's my soulmate, he's practically a god! 

But Tyler.

Whenever I'm with him, I feel a-. 

My brain cuts off, thankfully, and I attempt to recompose myself for my empty apartment's sake. God knows if I continued this destructive chain of thought, I would soon be rampaging, possibly throwing cushions at innocent bookshelves. Yeah, not very threatening. Honestly, how threatening can a 5'8", super skinny, and gay 19 year old guy be? Not very, I'll tell you that.

I once again dove into Tumblr, and there I stayed, content with no thoughts and no worries. Not quite.

Even then, my doubts lingered in my mind. I ignored them though.

I had to.

A/N Hi again! 

FIRSTLY. I HAVE 2.5K READS AND 400 VOTES AND 200 COMMENTS. WHAT. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

This chapter took a long time to write, mostly due to schoolwork, but also due to an absurd amount of writers block! I really hope you enjoy it though!

Once again, you probs aren't interested, but, while I wrote this, I listened to Girls by The 1975. It's not really related to the chapter, but it really got me in the writing mood!

Dedicated to @staylovelyxxx for her amazing stories. They are incredible, and just THE FEELS IN GREASE I CAN'T.

THANKS GUYS, LOVE YOU ALL! READ, COMMENT & VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED! <3