Chapter 21 ~ Today Was a Fairytale

Lonnie's POV
I shouldn't have started this game. Now, I'm exposed but, pfft, I don't care. I have to let Evie know of Jane's too.

"Ok, Jane. Truth or dare?" I asked, sitting straight.

"I have to choose truth" she nodded. She raised an eyebrow when she caught me smirking at her.

"O...k. Is it...true...that you...have a crush on Carlos?!"

Her eyes were widely open when I asked that question and so is Evie with her mouth open.

"I-I can't answer that question"

"But you have to... you have to tell me the truth"

She looked at Evie, who was now smiling, and bit her bottom lip. She groaned and covered her face with her hands and looked up on us.

"Fine...a little bit" she said and covered her face again. I noticed Evie's smile turned away. Does she too have a crush on Carlos? Pfft, maybe she doesn't.

Silence filled the atmosphere. We almost screw everything up. I stood in front of them and say, "How about we will play another game?" I raised my arms on the air and hopped up and down, but I think Evie didn't like the idea.

"I think I need to go" she said, standing up. I looked down on her and noticed that she's not smiling or showing any happy expression. She didn't even bid goodbye at us or even just smiled. She just walked away and let the night breeze blow her hair. This caused Jane and I looking at each other with concern faces.

"Maybe I've said something bad" Jane said, looking down on her feet.

I didn't respond to her. I only watched Evie walk away from us. Is she jealous? I snapped that kind of thought and we were about to walk back when Fairy Godmother suddenly appeared.

"Oh gosh, Fairy Godmother. You frightened us" I exclaimed and chuckled.

"Oh, I'm so sorry deary. I am about to pick up Jane. It's getting late now" she said, kindly.

"Oh, ok"

We bid goodbye and I walked back to my dorm. My heart skipped a beat when suddenly Jay appeared.

"Oh, h-hey, Lonnie" he greeted, with a smile on his face. I just smiled and walked faster, ignoring him. He was confused of why was I acting that weird and he shook his head and chuckled and walked away. I just watch him by the corner of my eyes until I finally got to my dorm.

Evie's POV
When I finally entered our dorm, I quickly laid on my bed and think about Jane and Carlos. I can't believe that I would have a rival and it's Jane! They have been dancing the night out after Ben's coronation and maybe Jane's feelings grow up when she and Carlos had some time together. I started to hum and sing a song:

Rival, someone I couldn't believe
Someone who holds the chance to take the one I love from me

She must not win the fight
She can get you hypnotized
She must not take the prize
Of letting her get in to your life

She can get you tempted
So watch out honey cause you're all I wanted

Watch out, watch out
And yeah her magic comes from her fairy Godmother
Watch out, watch out
I don't want to lose you even if I'm older
Because I love you for worse or for better
So watch out, watch out
Please!

I started to dance around the room by starting to shake my hips and let the music control me. I'm really lost when it comes to music but it leads me to where I am able to forget everything and enjoy for a while.

Rival: she may be always there for you,
She can't replace the patches I left permanent to you

She must not win the race
When she shows off her innocent face
'Cause love is now a ruthless game
And I hope you're not into it

Watch out, watch out
And yeah her magic comes from her fairy Godmother
Watch out, watch out
I don't want to lose you even if I'm older
Because I love you for worse or for better
So watch out, watch out
Please!

After a few minutes of singing and dancing, my eyes start to blur. I should take a rest now. I still need to maintain my beauty sleep. I brushed my hair before I laid myself on my bed. I flash back the moments I had with Carlos. Even if I found out that Jane has a crush on him, I would still say that TODAY WAS A FAIRYTALE.