Resolutions and Demotions

Penelope woke up the next morning in her room, remembering last nights events she sat up and looked around. She noticed Edward in a chair in the sitting room and she wondered if he was the one to put her to bed. "Good morning Penny and yes I did tuck you in last night." Edward stated  from across the room. Penelope had forgotten to shield her mind but then again this was her brother and she had already seen she could trust him. "Where are the kings?" Edward walked over to the foot of her bed "walking this way as we speak with our "brothers" in tow." Penny noticed the layer of sarcasm behind the word brothers but she didn't mind too much. It would take a little time for Edward to come to terms with the fact that he actually had soul siblings and family was a touchy topic at present. Edward sighed "I'm sorry, it's just hard to accept." "No I get it actually and you know that I do Ed. I just hope you also know that I'm here for you and I'm sure Demetri and Felix will be there for you, if you let them." "Oh we're here whether he wants us or not!" Penny jumped at the sound of Felix's voice. Facing the door she noticed both Demetri and Felix standing there as well as her three mates. The kings walked up to her and Caius pulled her into his lap as he sat on the edge of the bed. "How did you sleep darling?" Penny gave a stretch before answering "like a log." The kings chuckled and Marcus gave her a kiss on the cheek "Well if you would like to get changed and come down with us to the kitchens, I believe the chef has your breakfast ready." Aro hummed in agreement as he took Penelope's hand, after viewing her memories he spoke "I believe your brothers have a few things to discuss anyway." Penny looked between her three brothers suddenly worried. "You three aren't going to fight, are you?" Demetri looked at her slightly offended but then noticed Felix and Edward seemed to be having there own mental conversation. "We will just be talking Penny. But if Edward wants to let off some steam we may take him down to one of the training rooms after. So much has changed in a very short period of time, we have a lot to fix between the three of us." Demetri explained. Penelope gave a nod and watched as her brothers left the room. A moment later she gave Caius' cheek a kiss before hopping off of his lap and walking towards her closet to change. After changing into a simple sky blue sundress and white sandals Penny walked out to her mates, her worries clear on her face. Aro took his mates hand and sighed "you're worried about young Edward I see." Penny nodded "he's been through a lot in just a short time, I'm not sure how long I held him last night before I fell asleep." Caius abruptly stood up "What do you mean you held him, why are you-" Aro cut in. "Brother, our mate was merely comforting Edward after he discovered his wife's betrayal. She cares for him as I do for you and Marcus, simply a siblings bond." Caius relaxed once he heard Aro's explanation. The room was silent for a moment until Penelope's empty stomach growled, which caused the kings to chuckle as they lead Penny to the kitchen.
Meanwhile Felix , Demetri and Edward all stood out in the garden, none saying a word just staring at one another. Demetri sighed and finally spoke, "How are you holding up, Edward?" Edward scoffed before answering "Well I found out my wife who I thought was my mate cheated on me with her real mate. Not to mention, my daughter who I thought was the greatest miracle in my life, knew about it and not only hid it from me but chose to leave me to go be with her mother without a second thought. Also I found out that I have soul siblings who at one point I was willing to kill, one of which I have actually fought against-" "And lost" Felix cut in with a grin which got him a slap upside the head from Demetri "Not the time or the place, Felix!" Edward chuckled for a moment before continuing "Yeah. I guess my main concern is the fact that I've obviously been wrong about so much and the truth about everything just coming out all at once.... it's overwhelming." By the time Edward was finished his voice was only a mere whisper, he had never felt so weak in his entire life. Felix and Demetri looked at one another and then back to Edward. "Well according to master Marcus, Bella was never your mate. He said it's very likely that the three of us will share a mate because of the fact that we're soul brothers." Demetri explained. "Now that we all know the truth, Ed you can count on us to help you through this. We may not get what you're going through but now that we know you're our brother we want to help any way we can. Especially if that means you and I beating the hell out of each other in the training room!" Felix happily exclaimed. As Edward listened and watched Demetri and Felix he noticed the similarities between them and his adopted brothers. "Maybe this won't be so bad after all." He thought. Out of the corner of his eye Edward noticed Jane and Alec watching them from a nearby window. "Are they always this nosey?" Edward asked Demetri and Felix say who he was talking about and laughed. Felix grinned "Oh definitely! In all honesty I think Aro made a huge mistake making Jane the leader of the elite guard!" "Is that so Felix?" The three vampires stiffened. "And who pray tell, do you think I should have given the position to instead?" Turning around they came face to face with their sister and her mates. "Uh I meant no disrespect Master! I was uh. It's just that." Edward placed a hand on Felix's shoulder and Demetri gave a nod of encouragement . "You see Master Aro while Jane does have a strong gift, she and Alec have absolutely no combat training. Without their gifts they are useless. I would say maybe rebuild the elite guard with skilled individuals who maybe have both gifts and extensive combat training." Felix finally finished but he couldn't bring himself to look the kings in the eye. "I agree." The simple affirmation surprisingly came from Marcus. The vampires all turned to Penelope and Caius asked "What do you think my darling?"
Penelope looked between her brothers and her mates then up into the window which was now empty. "while they are powerful and old enough to not be considered immortal children, both Alec and Jane are still mere children who have no business being placed in a leadership role. Furthermore Alec Jane come here I know you can hear me!" Not a second had past and the twins now stood in front of the kings and queen. "Yes my queen?" Alec answered and Penny sighed "I'm sorry that our first encounter has to be this way but I wanted to inform you that you two are no longer members of the elite guard. I want the two of you and any other guard members that do not have combat training to report to the training room at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning. I will be giving you your first lesson. Once you have finished your training we will find a fitting position for you both." Alec looked oddly relieved but when Penny looked at Jane and saw her glare she instantly knew what the young vampire was trying to do. Suddenly Jane started screaming in agony "Doesn't feel good, does it Jane?" Once the kings all understood what just happened they lunged for the girl and Caius of course reached her first and ripped her arm off causing the girl to scream more! "Enough!" Penelope shouted and released Jane from the reflection spell she had cast. "I did not demote you just to be cruel Jane! But you proved my point for me that you lack both the training and the maturity to hold a leadership position! I will see the two of you tomorrow. Alec please tend to your sisters arm you're both dismissed." "My love are you alright?" "Has Jane lost her mind?!" "She didn't harm you did she?" "Finally someone gave that bitch a taste of her own medicine!"  "I should have ripped off her head!" Penny smiled as her mates and brothers all fussed over her. "I'm fine everyone now let's talk about how we plan to rebuild the guard!"