Penelopes beginning

Year 1841 Occaquan Virginia.
Grand witch Cora O'Connor walked down the dark paths of the small town, searching for the reason she was pulled to this location. Being a 200 year old witch Cora had long ago learned to never question the universe when it sent her somewhere. However she couldn't help but wonder, "What could possibly be so important in this small town that requires my presence?" The wind blew sending Coras auburn hair flowing behind her, it was a cold night her cloak was barely enough to keep her warm. Just as Cora reached a house on the edge of the river she heard yelling from inside. This was enough to make Cora transport herself inside the house while still remaining in the shadows unseen. Cora watched silently as a man and woman argued "That thing is evil! It must be killed!" The man said. "Penelope is your daughter! How can you say that, she's your flesh and blood!" Replied the woman. Cora was starting to understand, but what was so special about this child? Just then the man hit the woman knocking her to the ground unconscious. Cora watched as he moved to a crib by the bed and pulled up an infant child. Seeing the child open her eyes Cora saw the babies eyes turn purple briefly before returning to their normal blue. Instantly Cora understood, this child was a witch! True witches were rare but Cora could also see that  this child was even more special. She followed silently behind the man as he walked down to the river. As soon as they reached the river Cora made her move, grabbing a large stone she hit the man over the head with it while using her magic to levitate the child. Once the man unconscious she took the tiny child in her arms. Cora smiles as the child babbled and cooed completely unaware of what just transpired. She watched as the child's eyes turned purple and pebbles started to float around them. Cora could see this child was no normal witch, she was the rarest of witches, like herself. This child was an immortal grand witch!
Year 1846 Galway Ireland
Cora watched as five year old Penelope played with a small black kitten. Penelope had  come running into the house with the small animal just days ago begging to keep it! She had promised to take care of it herself and study really hard on both her schooling and her craft! Cora smiled seeing the bond the child had formed with the small animal. Penelope was a tender and innocent soul, so full of wonder and questions, she was highly intelligent as all witches were. She was going to make a very powerful witch. Cora was taken from her thoughts by a small tug on her skirt. "Momma, do we have anymore biscuits?" Cora smiled tenderly at her adopted daughter. "Yes, but you may only have one supper will be ready soon." The little girl grabbed a biscuit and skipped off happily. Cora knew that Penelope would eventually need to start training, but for now wanted her to enjoy her childhood.
Year 1856 Cornwall England
Penelope groaned in pain as she rolled out of bed. Cora had recently started her on her combat training, needless to say she had a long way to go! Cora had explained to her that it was important to not solely rely on just her powers. Magic could be bound, though it was difficult to do it was still possible. As Penelope got up she was stopped by a vision. "Three men with red eyes sat on three thrones, they were the most beautiful thing she had ever seen in her life. The youngest one had long wavy brown hair and seemed to be about twenty years old, however his sad expression added years to his face. The next one had long straight black hair, he had a gorgeous smile and looked to be about 25 years old. The next man had shoulder length blonde hair, he wore a scowl and looked to be about 30 years old. Penelope saw all three men wore the same strange pendant around their neck. She continued to watch and soon learned their names were Marcus, Aro and Caius." Penelope instantly fell in love with the men. Coming out of the vision she saw Cora standing in front of her wearing a concerned expression. "What did you see?" Penelope smiled as she recalled her vision. Once she was done Cora was grinning at her. "I believe you just had a vision of your mates, when the time comes you will go to them. Until then you will watch over them through your second sight. You may contact them, but I urge you to remain anonymous for now." Penelope smiles more but it quickly faded. "How will I contact them? I don't know where they are!" Cora wasn't sure because she had not found her mates yet "I'm not sure, but I believe if you look to your visions they will give you an answer. I'll allow you to miss your training today.  "Momma? Why do I have three mates?" Cora sighed "If I had to guess its for balance. Our kind is very powerful and we require a strong counterpart. It's quite common for a grand witch to have multiple mates. Our mates keep us grounded to ourselves so we can maintain control over our magic. It's rare for us to lose control but should it happen it would be disastrous."  With that Cora left the room leaving Penelope to try and focus on gaining information on her mates.