Chapter Eight- Luca

"I'm home!" I called, walking into the house and tossing my keys onto a table in the foyer. I could hardly see around the giant bouquet of flowers I brought home for Char. She wasn't someone who could be bribed, but hydrangeas always made her smile, and after the look on her face when she left my office, the only thing in the world I wanted was to see her smile.

I had fucked up. I knew I had, and that was nothing new. I should have been honest with Charlotte that day twelve years ago. I should have been honest about the day Axel got here. I should have been honest with her the night after we got home from meeting Hunter and Layla. I couldn't go back and change things, but now that she knew the truth, I had to work on repairing her trust. That would be no easy feat, considering I'd spent nearly twenty years with her trying to do just that. I didn't care how long it took, though. I was in this for the long haul. Charlotte was everything to me, and I hated myself for the way I'd hurt her. I'd never meant to, but it didn't matter. What mattered was that I did, and now I had to fix it.

I walked into the living room to see the kids sitting around playing video games. "Hi guys!" I smiled.

Cole glanced up for a second, noticing the flowers in my hands. "Oh, dad's the one in trouble!" He chuckled. "You owe me $50."

"Damn it." Leo rolled his eye and pulled a fifty-dollar bill out of his pocket and handed it to his brother.

"Why do you think I'm in trouble?" I frowned. "I can't bring your mom her favorite flowers once in a while?"

"Of course you can, dad." Lucy smirked, batting her eyelashes at me. "But she's been angry-cleaning the kitchen for the last five hours. We've been trying to figure out which one of us was in trouble, but the flowers were a dead giveaway."

I let out a sharp laugh. I guess I couldn't argue with that reasoning. "Leo, why don't you take that $50 and take your brother and sister to dinner somewhere so your mom and I can have some time alone?"

"Through in another $50 and you got yourself a deal." He smirked.

"How about I don't ground you for even longer?" I arched my eyebrow at him, only halfway kidding.

"You've got yourself a deal." He chuckled, shutting off the game.

The kids took off, and I headed into the kitchen to find Charlotte. I had to laugh when I walked in to see all the canned food on the counter and Charlotte on her knees scrubbing the pantry out, her beautiful ass in the air. She'd always been an angry cleaner, and today I had really pissed her off.

"Hey babe." I smiled, setting the bouquet on the counter. "What are you doing?"

"Reorganizing the pantry." She stood up and shrugged as if it was completely usual. She glanced at the bouquet. "Those are pretty."

"They're for you. I know it doesn't make up for anything, but I thought you'd like them." I said, leaning against the counter.

Char pursed her lips, tossing the rag onto the counter and washing her hands. "Thank you."

Tears welled up in her eyes and she wiped them away quickly, trying to move around me. I grabbed her hand, pulling in to me. "I have to get dinner started for the kids."

"The kids are going to dinner. I have somewhere I want to take you tonight, if you'll let me that it."

"Luca," she let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know if that's a good idea."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because I'm mad at you." She said flatly.

"That's not a good enough reason." I smirked.