4. Battle of the Bands!

Start from the beginning

The two seemed to realized that no one in the audience was really enjoying this "song" and tried to do their best to end it now.

"Bam! That just happened!" Snips said before he stood there back to back with Snails.

"Aw, yeah! We out!" Snails added.

"Snips and Snails outta here!"

They both said before they took their mics and straight out let them drop on the ground, causing the whole gym to be filled with a painful sound as soon as they hit the ground. Everyone quickly covered their ears as soon a that happened.

"As if listening to their music wasn't painful enough," Star Twinkle said after the screeching sound in his ears gone.

Needless to say, there was not much cheering in the audience for those two. Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna also didn't seem too impressed. "Please do not drop the mics," Principal Celestia said without a single hint in her voice that she was enjoying this performance.

Still, Snips and Snails walked off the stage as if they have just won the whole thing. They even went so far to advise the Rainbooms to give up while they walked past them, and advise that wasn't even remotely taken seriously by any of them.

"Least we know one group who won't stand in the way of us gettin' to the finals," Applejack straight out said as soon as the two walked past her.

Radiant Blast, however, was not sure why Applejack said that. "I thought they weren't too bad," he casually said, much to everyone's surprise. He was actually the only one of the group who was moving his head up and down and actually enjoyed the music while the two of them were on stage.

But the others didn't see much competition in those two and focused on their own performance, which was about to start any minute now.

"How about we show them how real music sounds like?" Star Twinkle said.

Rainbow Dash quickly picked up on those words. "Yeah! Let's get ready to rock!" She said, causing the group to get all hyped up for their performance.

"Wait!" Pinkie Pie then suddenly said. "Where's Rarity?" She asked, making everyone realize that now as well.

"Oh! Here! I'm here!" Rarity said while panting a little.

It seemed as if Rarity was getting something before the performance started and as soon as she showed herself, everyone knew what. She stood there wearing a rather unique and strange-looking costume. She was wearing a white top and a long purple skirt, which were actually the only things that looked normal but over her white top, she was wearing a light brown jacket with diamonds all over it. The weirdest part about this outfit though was that it had metallic pieces hanging from her jacket. The first thing that came into Star Twinkle's mind was that she looked like a living wind bell.

Rarity was obviously the only one who thought that this outfit was looking fabulous. "We will be performing in front of an audience. I'm not going to wear something fabulous?" She said while she proudly presented this outfit in front of everyone.

The group was not really understanding what exactly was fabulous about this outfit and just decided to ignore it. They had to focus on winning this round after all.

Twilight decided to remember everyone about their true goal. "Remember, we have to be good enough to make it through but not so good we let the sirens see the magic within us. They could realize we plan to use it against them,"

So far the group did a really bad job of getting this magic to work but it can't be too bad to hold back a little more. The Rainbooms were a good band, with or without magic so that would hopefully not too much of a problem.