Epilogue

"I still don't know how to tie this thing!" Lance said, getting overwhelmed with the tie. Allura chuckled behind him, coming over to do it for him.

"There. Now drink a mimosa and calm down." She said teasingly, handing him a glass with orange juice and champagne. "But if you spill on your tux, I will sick Pidge on you." She threatened.

Lance chuckled nervously as he took the drink. "I don't plan on it, but with my luck..." He trailed off.

Allura rolled her eyes at him, taking a seat but being carefully to not rip or wrinkle her dress. "Do you know how amazing your luck actually is? Pretty f'ing great if you're the first one out of all of us to get married." She said.

It was Lance's wedding day. He was in a white suit, with a blue tie and Keith would be in black with a red tie. Even after all these years, the boy was still obsessed with the color red.

He groaned, taking a sip of his drink and sitting next to her. "Just say Fuck Llura. God, you're such a mom." He fake complained.

She giggled at him. "Sorry, I'm trying to get into the 'mom' headspace." She said, referring to the fact she was going to be the one giving Lance away.

Lance hadn't spoken with his parents in years. They never seemed to ever come around to the idea of having gay kids, so Lance and Veronica cut them off completely. Keith and him had decided to send them an invitation to the wedding, but they never received any indication they'd be joining them on their big day.

Due to the two boy's shortage of parents, they had to get crafty with their wedding party.

Keith's mom had come back for the wedding, of course. She may be gone most of the time, but she really was a very sweet and supportive woman. So his mom would be giving Keith away, Shiro had gotten ordained so he could officiate the wedding, Allura was giving Lance away, Veronica was his maid of honor, Pidge was wearing a suit that matched Veronica's dress so they were on Lance's side of the alter. Acxa and Keith had this weird bro friendship thing, so she was on his side, along with Hunk because he complained that he looked better in a black suit than a light blue one, the color of Allura and Pidge's clothes.

It was a very queer wedding.

After the ceremony, later into the reception, everyone was dancing and having fun. Keith and Lance couldn't remember if they had ever been happier than right at that moment.

Until Allura tapped Lance's shoulder with a concerned look, pulling him and Keith away.

"Whoa Llura, what's wrong?" Lance asked, holding onto Keith's hand.

"Um, there's kind of someone here to see you two." She said, feeling awkward about being the one who had to tell them this.

"Who?" Keith asked, confused as to what was going on.

She beckoned them to follow her from the main hall area where all the guests were. Once they were a little ways away, in a separate hallway, they saw who it was.

"Mama?" Lance asked, his voice cracking. Keith squeezed his hand in reassurance, letting him know that he was right there for him.

"Mi hijo." She said, her eyes tearing up.

Allura shot Keith a look, letting him know that she was going to leave, but if anything happened to Lance, Keith would be the one to blame. He just nodded in understanding.

"Wh-what're you doing here?" He asked, shocked to see her again after all the years that had passed.

"You think I was going to miss my son's wedding?" She asked him with a sad smile. Both boys just gaped at her.

She let out a hearty sigh. "I know what happened while you two were still in school was wrong. I've had a lot of time to think about it and come to terms with this. I've regretted letting you and your sister walk out that door, every day." She said, a few stray tears falling from her eyes.

Keith could see that his husband was close to crying himself. He was at a loss for what to do. This wasn't something they had actually planned for, thinking that his parents were just as stubborn as ever and refusing to come to the wedding.

"I'm so sorry for what your father and I put you through. It was terrible and I don't think I'll ever be able to make it up to you both." She said, looking over at Keith and then back to her son.

Lance gulped, leaning into Keith for strength. "Where is he?" He asked curiously.

His mother's gaze turned fierce for a second. "I do not know. I haven't seen him since we got the invitation. I wanted to go, to try and make amends, but he was livid at the idea. We fought and I left. I filed for divorce about a week later." She explained.

Keith and Lance were stunned by her words. "R-really?" Lance asked.

She nodded.

Lance closed the few feet between them, pulling her into a hug. Keith watched with a smile. He was happy that Lance got his mother back.

A second later Lance's mother's hand shot out and grabbed Keith's wrist, pulling him into the hug as well. "I'm so sorry you two." She whispered.

"It's okay now mama." Lance whispered back.

The door behind them slammed open and an out of breath Hunk ran into the room. "Um guys, Pidge is trying to do chemistry with all the stuff behind the bar." He said, hoping that Lance or Keith could rein them in.

The three in a hug pulled away, Lance laughing at the news, Keith with a worried expression. Hunk's eyes found Lance's mother and uttered a quick, "Hey Mrs. McClain," before he was back to, "They won't listen to Allura. I think they drank to much- Wait, Mrs. McClain?" He asked, seeing her and finally having it register in his head.

The older woman smiled with a small wave.

"It's a long story buddy, let's just make sure Pidge doesn't blow anything up, yeah?" Lance said with a smile, hitting Hunk's chest lightly as he walked past, Keith right behind him.

"I swear to god, if that little gremlin breaks something-" Keith was muttering, which earned a laugh from Lance.

"I will forever be confused around this family." Hunk said with a sigh as he dropped his head into one of his hands, following after his two friends and Lance's mother.