Chapter Fourteen: Home

Start from the beginning

It took me a few seconds, but I finally sighed and rolled back around. I stumbled into the kitchen and looked around. Isa was sitting on the kitchen bar's stool, obviously waiting to be served. "So what's for breakfast?" she chirped at me.

"Cereal." I yawned, grabbing milk, bowls and two spoons.

"What kind?" Isa asked.

I glanced at the variety of cereal boxes in Jane's cabniet.

"Lucky Charms." I answered her.

"Yum! I'll have those!" she licked her lips. I handed her the box and got myself situated. I ate in silence while Isa talked through every bite. After we finished eating, I cleaned the dishes while she watched cartoons. Now fully awake, I departed into the living area to join her.

_________

After a few moments of silence, the front door opened and Isa walked in, wearing a pair of jeans, a white sweater, and her jacket hanging loose over her shoulders as she dragged her bag over the floor.

I furrowed my brow. "You look like you're in a bad mood," I said as I turned in my seat, opening my arms for my daughter.

Isa groaned and dropped her bag to let herself fall into my arms, resting her head on my shoulder. "Mr. Michaels was being such a jerk!"

"What happened?"

"I didn't do anything and I had to go in front of the class to 'show my work'!" She emphasized the last part with a groan. "I just told Lucas to keep his stinking feet to himself!"

"Hm." I brushed her messy curls out of her face. "Did you use nice words?"

Isa huffed. "Maybe."

I couldn't help but smile and pulled my little girl closer. "You are truly a Rizzoli in the making."

"I also scratched my elbow," Isa said after a short moment of silence. She rolled up the sleeve of her sweater and pulled back to show her elbow to me.

I took Isa's arm and inspected the scrape, quickly determining that it was nothing bad. "Does it hurt?"

Isa shook her head. "Not anymore."

"Good." I smiled and carefully placed a kiss on my daughter's elbow. "There. All better?"

Isa chuckled, leaning back into my arms. "Yeah sure."

"Your Nana brought cookies," I said softly while I wrapped my arms back around my young one.

"Oatmeal again?" Isa wrinkled her nose.

"No, chocolate chip."

"Really?" Isa's eyes widened and she pulled back from my chest to look at me.

I nodded. I didn't tell Isa that Angela only used sugar-free dark chocolate, knowing how much she was like Jane when it came to food. "Yes, really." I let her go to pour her something to drink and get her a homemade cookie.

Before I finished, Jane walked into the house, having finished her shift for that day. I smiled at the beautiful woman. "Hi, love."

"Hi." Jane smirked and made her way around the room, pulling Isa in for a quick hug. She walked towards and cupped my face to press my lips against her lips, humming softly when I kissed her. We silently stumbled back towards the hallway out of sight, never breaking apart.

I wrapped my arms around her neck, a part of me wondering what I did to deserve a greeting like this while the rest of me simply enjoyed the kiss that deepened pretty quickly. When I pulled away, I gasped for air and tangled my fingers in her dark curls.

"What was that for?" I whispered against Jane's lips.

"I missed you," Jane smirked and her cheeks blushed slightly when I nuzzled my nose into the crook of her neck.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist. I looked deeply into her dark eyes, getting lost in those deep, sparkling eyes I loved so much. Jane smiled.

"I missed you too," I whispered, resting my forehead against the detective's.

Jane hummed and pulled me impossibly closer. "I know I've been working too much."

I sighed deeply and closed my eyes. "You have been gone a lot lately, yes," I whispered. "But I know the team needed you."

"Home needs me too. I missed two bedtimes."

"So I've noticed." I smirked. When Jane's absent I'm left to substitute in her place.

"I'm going to catch up. Promise."

"Don't promise me," I whispered before lightly kissing her lips. "Promise Isa."

"I'm gonna catch up on bedtime with you too." Jane smirked and I put my face back into the crook of her neck again, placing soft kisses on her skin.

Jane chuckled and tilted her head to give me better access. "Hm, please do." She rubbed her hands up and down my back, moaning when she felt my tongue on the skin of her neck. "God, Casey," she whimpered. "Stop it."

"Hm?"

She slapped my arm and giggled softly. "You're arousing me. Stop it."

"You don't like?" I mumbled while I continued my kisses.

"I do, but our daughter is waiting in the living room and I desperately need to get back to work."

I nodded my head and reluctantly pulled back. "Right."

Jane smirked. "Let's put the little one to bed early tonight, hm?"

"Good idea." I pecked her lips and wrapped my arms loosely around her waist.

Jane chuckled and walked back into the kitchen.

I playfully slapped her ass. "Isa needs to get started on her homework, she's been putting it off for two days now."

"I'm on it." Jane took off her jacket and hung it over a chair. "Isa-a Homework, baby. C'mon."

"Noooo!"

"Yeeeaaah!" Jane smirked and hooked her arms under Isa's, her muscles straining when she lifted the girl into the air, eliciting sweet giggles. "What do we have on our to do list, hm? Math?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay then, let's get started." Jane put her down on a chair at the dinner table and grabbed her backpack.

I chuckled at the sight and kissed the top of Isa's head as I passed her to grab my laptop and the reports on the table to move to the bedroom. I walked out of the room and headed upstairs.