Chapter 1

Welcome to the Incidental Fate x Romanoverse world. A series of passion, drama, romance, steam, love, and the crazy lives of the Romano family.

 A series of passion, drama, romance, steam, love, and the crazy lives of the Romano family

GAVIN's video book trailer 🔥 can be watched on my Instagram page: www.Instagram.com/AuthorSummerLeigh

This book is published and can be found on Amazon, Apple Books (iphone/ipad readers), and Google Play (Android/Google phone readers).

This is Gavin's version of my book: Incidental Fate Book 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GAVIN: CHAPTER 1

Romano. The name opened doors, opened thighs, and opened wallets. I looked from that name etched in steel across the far conference room wall to the black pen in my hand, Romano Investing, New York, NY, down to the contract I'd just signed, my name in fresh ink, Gavin Romano. Home for two weeks, and I'd banked another seven-mill.

I slid the contract over, waiting for our newest client to push the pen to the dotted line. "I will personally handle your account," I assured that hand, taking its time to sign. "And those I personally handle are always satisfied."

Luca rolled his eyes, laughing under his breath from the head of the table, hand rubbing the bristles down his cheek to his chin.

The client finished signing, angling the paperwork to his attorney for one last look while addressing Luca and me, "Yes, your name came highly recommended. You can't beat word of mouth."

Luca's lips twisted up, almost as fucking evil as his stare. "You'll find Romano on quite a few mouths here in the city." He stood, sending one hand to button his suit and the other to shake hands with the client and his team. "Romano Investing is proud to have you." He escorted them out of the room, handing them off to his assistant, waiting outside the doors.

I smacked the signed contract into Luca's chest. "Glad I could do your work for you, fucker."

Another eye roll. "Don't come at me until you've got some ultra-high-nets, Fratellino."

We started down the back hall, passed Stefano's office, my gut coiling instinctively, knowing which door was next. That pain never failed, instant emptiness sucking the life out of me as we neared the only locked office in the building, one that'd been sealed shut for almost ten years. I glanced at the still intact nameplate on the door, ignoring the piercing stab to my heart. Vincenzo Romano. He hadn't stepped foot in this office in a decade, his shoes filled by his sons: Luca, Stefano, and me.

Luca veered off to his door while I continued to the one with my name on it. I'd been in and out of this place for years, but this summer, it'd be permanent. In only a few months, I'd be back in New York for good, graduated, stipulations met, trust unlocked, ready to take my place at the fucking table, joining my older brothers full-time.