Chapter 20

I was startled. I was completely paralayzed. Not knowing what to do I get a grip on my gun and point it towards the maroon wolf that lay on Dean.

It howls loud. He is soon then followed by many other howls in the distant woods.

It turned to me, its eyes locked to mine. This is going to be hell.

"Get off him you mutt!" I yell as I step forward and sit in my heels slowly crawling towards Deans moveless body. Pain surged  through my veins.

It steped asied, knowing the weapon in my hand had a use. Within a split of a second he dissapears into the forest.

"Dean." I whisper. I check his heart beat, hoping to find the thump that makes a person's day.

Thump, thump..

He was alive. Thank God.

"Luna... are you okay. Oh my God, what happened? Oh my go inform the pack doc immediately. " it is Will. He is Deans best friend and Beta.

He comes towards me and envelopes me into a hug.

"You okay Alex?" He asks with sympathy.  Thats the last thing I would need.

"I am fine." I say as I wipe the tears off.

"Okay. We will get you home. It was the Wolverine. My bet they wanted to kill you." He says with anger.

"Wait... what?" I asked even more confused. This was difficult to understand, most of it.

"Its this pack run by this cruel ass of an Alpha who kills mates of other Alphas to take over the throne. Its happened to all the known Alphas.  We are the only pack that lives here. After your family  was done hunting us, he came into the picture. It pissed Dean off. So he decided when he would find his mate one fine day, he promised himself never to let her out of his site." He finshed the sentence, inhailing and exhaling as his eyes examined my features.

I am such an ass. What if I would have driven away? What would have happened to Dean. I grumble under my breath and start walking with Will towards the pack house.

Something sharp went up my spine. I groaned in pain but figured it must have been some insect.

This time around the pain swerved its away to my stomach making me scream in frustration. I held my stomatch with both of my hands and sat in a ducking position.

Suddenly the sounds of bones being cracked could be heard. I threw up only to see blood making its way onto the winter floor. No. I only saw this happen to Annabel a few days ago before she shifted. 

   So that would mean--

"Alex!" Was the last word I heard before I saw two paws appearing infront of me. I shifted.