*+Joseph x reader+*: first match

Again you are hunter in this story!

-
You are sitting in one of the red velvet chairs that seems to be twice your size even though you are one of the hunters of Oletus manor. All these chairs are distributed all around the table where the hunters are sitting, enjoying their morning almost as if they where like a normal family. The fire place that is sending a comfortable heat trough the place, is almost making you feel like at home. Almost.
It could have been a great moment. Only if you didn't have to play. You knew you had to play that game tonight. It was your first game. Your first match and you knew it would be difficult. Not for your body but for your mind. All the other hunters were quite used to that, but you, you weren't. You were the new one that needed to prove yourself to the others so you could earn their respect.

Not wanting to eat, you only stare at the food covering the table before you. You can't help but think that what you are doing is bad, however, nobody seem to mind.
- Joseph? You call for the hunter sitting right beside you
He turns around looking back at you straight in the eyes, his beautiful blue eyes as blue as the sky... you can't help, but stare at them. They are so beautiful, just like the sky...
- J-Joseph, I-I won't be able to do that. I can't hurt all those people!
You feel panic rushes over you and you eyes filling up with tears as you look down not wanting to show your fear to the only hunter who actually seems to care about you.
He smiles warmly at you. It seems like you two are the only one in the room now. He suddenly grabs your chin so you would look at him in the eyes.
- Yes you will. You don't have a choice, chérie...
He caresses your cheek gently, still looking into your eyes.
- Why do you care about them suddenly? Don't you want to prove that you are a real hunter?
You look down, fearing to disappoint him.
- Y-yes but... I can't hurt them! They are all innocent!
Joseph grabs your hand in his. His slender fingers cold to the touch remind you of how cold hunters can be. They're dead, well, most of them are.
- Do you really think they are innocent? You never thought that some of them could be liars, thieves or even murderer? We don't know what their lives was like before...
You stay silent, not knowing what to answer. What Joseph is saying might be true, but still... you can't believe that this could be less horrible whatever happened to them in their past.
- You are a hunter now. You can't go back. You made this choice of coming to the manor to play this game and you'll have to play it whether you like it or not.
It was the first time he actually has been harsh on you. The only hunter who cared for you, you are about to disappoint him. You can't let him down after all what he did for you.
- I'll do it, you say slowly
Joseph bends over to your ear whispering
- So what will you do tonight?
He still looks at you a big grin on his face.
- I will eliminate each one of them, you can count on me.