*Joseph x reader: Arrogance*

Hiiiiii.... So I'm just passing hehe
Okay, but seriously, sorry for the long wait... here a new, fresh story for you to enjoy. I mentioned it as fluff, but i'm not sure honestly lol.
Hope you'll like it.
——————
You were kiting. Heck you were kiting. You weren't even a kiter and let me tell you, you were kiting.
You could hear the muffled footsteps of the photographer following you into the arms factory labyrinth. His slight humming had changed into an intimidating laughter. He was getting pissed. Everyone could tell. You couldn't really blame him though, you were dodging his attacks like Naib would.
- Stop running little lady, it's no use!
- No way! I'm not letting you win this match!
Joseph knew he was about to loose. With no one chaired yet and only two ciphers machines left to decode, the survivors were already the winners of that match. He didn't really care, he just wanted to get you. You were seriously getting on his nerves and he wanted more revenge than victory.

You look back seeing the hunter appear from behind the wrecked wall. Vaulting trough a window, you feel the blade of the photographer rip one of your sleeves.
- Haha! Almost got me there! Run faster if you think you can chair me!
- I'LL MAKE YOU SWALLOW YOUR SHOES YOU LITTLE BRAT!
It wasn't like you to get all arrogant, buuuut, with each step you took, you could feel your smile spreading across your face. For once, you were the one in control. Confidence can change people.

You could finally feel your heartbeat slow down a little, the bright purple light still glowing from your chest. If you could only slow him down even more... You look around the place, burned walls barely standing on a muddy ground. The moon showing in the sky, almost completely covered in a thick fog. However, your gaze was already locked on a bright red toolbox pushed against a rusty container. Your heart beginning to race again, you waste no time in taking the heavy box with you and placing it right under the window you just vaulted in.

Laughing at your evil plan, you look up to see Joseph rushing past a cipher machine his gaze locked upon yours. Taking one last glance at the red toolkit, curiosity takes over and you find yourself searching for anything useful inside. If you want to slow him down, why not do it with style?

An old purple parfume bottle comes into your view. Perfect! You quickly grab it before standing up, seeing Joseph approaching menacingly from you. Careful not to crack a smile, you back away slowly observing the hunter jumping over the wall... only to collapse on the other side, tripping over the toolbox you just moved there.
- Wait? What the hell?!
He slowly raises his face from the wet grass underneath only to glare at you trough jet black eyes. At this point, you can even see the spark of rage that is so rare to see on Joseph's face. He was usually a calm hunter. A true strategist. Wasting no time to chase the survivors all round the map and preferring to trap them instead.

But this time you really broke something in him.

He couldn't understand why, but he wanted to prove something. To himself? To...you? That couldn't be it. He always felt like if you were the strongest one out there. Not the mercenary, not the forward, no... you. To him, strength was to stand against all odds to rescue your friends or family. You were always there for your teammates, distracting the hunter so they could escape. Even today, you were ready to risk everything for them.

He wished you would do that for him too.
-
His sharp gaze was too much for you to stay put. You start to race toward the nearest pallet, making sure to disappear for a short time with the parfume and of course, behind the hunter. While running, your foot hit something heavy, metallic. His sword. Could you do that? Were you even allowed to do that?

You hastily grab the handle only for the blade to fall down into the mud. Gosh this thing was heavy.

- Sorry little lady, but I believe that's mine.

Sweat begins to form on your forehead has you hear the hunter's voice right behind you. One of his arms leaned against the wall, his body pressed against your back. You were caged, unable to move.

- Let me tell you how this game works. The hunter chases the survivors. Not the other way around. And I think I just caught you.

Something in his voice wasn't quite right. Something wasn't quite like him. Too happy. Or too full of himself? You couldn't put your finger on it, but the danger was growing near, you could feel it in your guts.

The loud signal ringing in your ears, indicating you that the last cipher had just been activated send a chill running down your spine. You don't even have to look back at Joseph. You know he is in "rage mode".

- Now that we're alone, shall we dance mon cœur?

———————

Mon cœur = Literally my heart, but it means my love owo.

Hmmm? What's that? I'm feeling like this will lead to a part 2? Maybe.....

Again thank you so much for everything! So, 7k that sooooooooo many! I'm glad that you like my stories. Sorry again for being away for that long.
Anyways have a beautiful day!