Chapter 31: Under Pyraxian Banners

Author's Note: The artwork below of Taurus was drawn by Ledgisimo and aaa it's amazing!! I absolutely love how they've drawn the outfit, hair, his axe, and the shading... hh I love everything about it!! You can check out more of their art on their Tumblr at artillery_tortoise – they draw a lot of amazing stuff, so do check it out! Ahh I love this art so much and I just can't stop looking at it... also, I've updated Chapter 10 with more artwork of Taurus that they drew – I'll leave it at the top of Chapter 10 so I don't spoil Chapter 9. I'll save my praises there to keep this Author's Note from becoming too long, but I just love their artwork so much and thank them for drawing Taurus!!

 I'll save my praises there to keep this Author's Note from becoming too long, but I just love their artwork so much and thank them for drawing Taurus!!

-x-x-x-

They opted to travel through the night. If there were any encroaching bandits or gangs of thieves looking to ambush them, they turned around at the sight of six massive beasts – the horses, not the monsters – and left them alone. Either way, their ride was a steady one, and it took them all the way across the borders of Pyrax and towards the center, where the Coliseum was situated (according to Leo).

Thankfully, they ran into no knights or army patrols. To be honest, they should have probably taken a moment to reconsider the sheer consequences if they had been caught; for a start, Aries and Sagittarius were technically 'traitors' or 'deserters', and Scorpio had literally escaped his prison here. But there was no time to stop and think – there was only the exhilarating rush of the wind and the glow of Nyriu's waxing moon above.

They slowed to a trot, seeing as how they had made distance even quicker than expected. Their horses also appreciated the break, but continued to dutifully trudge onwards.

"Marsari," Leo breathed at the sight of the city – hard corners and edges silhouetted against the rising sun – that gleamed over the horizon. "I haven't been here in a while."

"We're not heading to the city," Scorpio muttered, "Unless you're really planning on having us captured." Clearly, the chill of the early morning air did nothing to help the prickly mood that came from having little to no sleep.

Leo winced. "No, of course not. I was just – the Coliseum is nearby, that's all."

Aries elbowed Scorpio in the ribs. "Stop being so grouchy. You'll get your sleep once we finish up with whatever we're doing."

"Hmph."

"So... how are we going through with this plan?" Pisces asked, rubbing her eyes. "I mean, we did just gallop all the way here, but..."

"Well... heh, about that..." Gemini scratched the back of her head. "I mean, we were going to fake it, right?"

"But... what happens next?"

"Uh..."

"We need a strategy." Virgo piped up. "Leo, could you tell us more about the Coliseum? We're going to need more information if we want to plan a secure entry and exit..."