Jeongguk chuckled, "No, stupid. I'm not dragging you to the convenience store."

"Then why did you call?"

"Let's go on a road trip."

This made her eyes snap open, "A road- what? Guk, it's literally-" She stopped to check the time, "-four in the morning. What has gotten into you?"

"I don't know, but come on. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Please." He pleaded, "Besides, I'm already outside your apartment."

She gasped, "What?! You must be joking."

"But I am. Now get your ass down here."

"Guk," She whined, "I can't. The CEO increased our security and we would have individual body guards now. I'd be dead if they realize that I'm not in the apartment."

He snorted, "I know that. Your unnies would cover up for you. I already talked to them during the dinner the other day."

This guy, Lalisa thought, "Okay, fine." She sighed, "What should I bring?"

Jeongguk laughed on the other line, "Three casual clothing, one pair of pajamas, your essentials, and a camera."

"Pajamas? Where are we going, really?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," He replied, "Now get ready. I'm already hungry."

▪️

Lalisa watched as Jeongguk finished a bottle of water.

She'd found him a while ago inside a Ford truck that was parked outside her apartment complex. If it wasn't for the slightly open window and a whiff of his perfume, she wouldn't have known it was his.

"So, where are we really going?" She asked for the nth time as she took a sip of her coffee, "Tell me the truth this time, Guk, or I'm gonna jump out the car."

Jeongguk chuckled and replied, "Okay, in all honesty, I don't even know."

"What?! Then where are you heading to?" She looked around at their surroundings, but they seemed to be still in Seoul.

"Wherever this truck will take us." was his simple reply, "Long drives are a thing right now, you know."

She groaned, "You better know where you're going, Jeon."

"Of course, darling. It's Jeon Jeongguk you're talking to." He checked his watched and asked, "Lali, do you wanna eat breakfast at the beach?"

"Breakfast?" She repeated, "At the beach? That actually sounds cool. Let's have McDonald's."

"What are you, five?" He received a slap on the arm for that.

They drove to the nearest McDonald's, Jeongguk ordering a sausage McMuffin and her a bacon egg and cheese McMuffin, along with a 20-piece chicken nugget (the both of them were on a diet but meh). Immediately, they drove to Eurwangni Beach in Incheon, the drive just 40 minutes from Seoul.

"Be careful with your disguise, Guk." She reminded him as they got out of the car, "We don't want to hide in another dumpster, do we?"

"Yes, ma'am." He replied as he locked the doors and followed her to the shore.