"you said it, not me."

"This is one of the reasons I quit the force. The other was your chief."

"oh really, what could my chief have done?"

"I took a bullet, and he took the glory. That wasn't what bothered me though. Him saying it was my fault I was shot, that made me quit." I had no idea the chief was that callous.

"you took a bullet?" It was dumb thing to say. I couldn't even figure out why I said it.

"Just drive. The woman is already dead, but if we hurry we can catch the murderer." I turned the car on and started driving to the park, when a question popped into my head.

"why are you so sure?" This had been bothering me for a long time.

"I took a look at the time of death from the reports, and I noticed a pattern in when they were killed. They die an hour earlier each time, as if the person's blood lust is growing. If we get there early and stay put, we can catch them." Man, she was good.

"And before you ask, I sent those two officers out because, I figured things were going to get dicey. I also couldn't help but notice the tag on the other skeleton, said Font."

"t-thanks." She just smiled.

"sans. that's my name." I blushed a light shade of blue for no reason I could discern.

"Nice to finally meet you."

We pulled up to the park, and no one was there.

"this isn't creepy..." The agent next to me looked jumpy.

"Keep quiet. They're already here." I didn't know how she knew that, but over the hours I had known her, I wasn't going to question it.

She started making her way to the huge fountain in the middle of the park, and with every snap of a twig, she'd stop and slow her breathing to almost nothing.

"On the ground, now!" I felt a gun on the back of my head.

Dreemur froze in front of me and slowly turned around with her hands raised in the air.

"Drop the gun! Or I'll shoot him!" She started to bend down in order to put the gun down, safely.

All of a sudden, I felt my head hit the ground. It sounded like a bullet being fired, then another, and finally, I heard a gasp out of pain. However, I couldn't check on what happened because I could feel myself start to lose consciousness; my head had hit the ground hard.

I woke up to a bright light and a sharp pain in the back of my skull.

"where's officer dreemur? she saved my life." Papyrus was by my side, in his civilian clothes.

"how long have i been out? papyrus, why haven't you said anything?" He was starting to really worry me because it was usually hard to make him stop talking.

"The agent was shot, and she's in recovery. She's lucky she didn't die. You've been asleep for three days, and the doctors said if you didn't wake up soon, you probably wouldn't." Papyrus's voice sounded hoarse and much quieter than normal.

"will she be okay?" I think over the course of me getting to know her, I had started to develop something for her.

"I AM UNSURE." His voice was back to normal.

Frisk p.o.v

I woke up to a blaring pain going down my back and numbness in my legs.

"Where's Sans? Is he okay?" My voice felt scratchy, and the nurse taking care of me jumped back in surprise. I figured I'd been asleep for a while, considering her reaction.

"Ma'am, I'm sure you're concerned, but I suggest worrying about yourself first. You suffered quite a bit. The bullet we found was plunged into your spine. You'll never be able to walk again, but at least you're alive." I could feel my heart drop like a stone.

"No, if I focus on myself, I'll crumble mentally. Now, where is Sans?" She turned pallid.

"I'm not sure if I can give you that information. I'm sorry."

"Fine, get me a wheel chair, and I'll figure it out myself." She looked at me like I was insane.

"Ma'am, please." She was practically begging me to stop. Then, my salvation appeared.

"You're Sans' brother, right?" I already knew the answer, but I asked anyway.

"YES, AND I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY BROTHER."

"How is he?" I was almost certain I gave him a concussion.

"HIS SKULL SUFFERED SOME DAMAGE, BUT HE'S ALIVE AND WELL."

"Thank you, Officer Font." I didn't know his name so I worked with what I had.

"PAPYRUS. ANYONE WHO SAVES MY BROTHER IS FAMILY TO ME."

"Thank you, Papyrus."

Time Skip

"So... I'm glad to know you're allowed to move around on your own." Sans and I were sitting in the hospital's cafeteria. The only reason I was allowed to was because Papyrus offered to take me places and the doctor finally agreed.

"yeah... i'm sorry." He looked really down-trodden.

"There's no reason to be sorry, I needed an excuse to work at the desks anyway." I laughed halfheartedly.

I loved being in the field, and now that was impossible.

"you know, i still don't know your name. Which is pretty awkward when I want to ask you out."

"What?" I was dumbfounded. Sure, I'd grown to like him too, but was this just because I saved him?

"agent dreemur, would you do me the honor of going out with me?" He offered his hand to me as he said it in an overly dramatic manner.

"It's Frisk, and you're not just asking me because you feel guilty?"

"nope, i've been wanting to ask you out for a couple of days, but we were on a time sensitive case."

"In that case, yes."