Self Care

Sans p.o.v

My head has been spinning. I could feel my breathing become heavy. Has my room always been this small? I felt like I was going to puke. My anxiety is spiraling out of control.

I'm useless...

I don't deserve what I have...

Flowey is right, I'm just a trashbag...

I can't do anything...

Frisk will reset...

Frisk doesn't love me...

She's going to die before me...

Everyone I know will be dust...

I can't do anything to stop it...

That demon is going to come back...

I don't deserve to live...

Frisk p.o.v

Sans has been avoiding me a lot lately, but that's going to end today. I have popcorn, horror movies (Sans' favorite), ketchup, pretzels, soda, and face masks (which Sans can somehow use). Now I just have to get his attention.

However, when I approached his door, I heard sniffling and soft sobbing.

"Knock knock." I figured a bad joke would help; no matter how bad, Sans always laughed at them.

"who's there?" His voice sounded forced and sad.

"Will."

"will, who?" I could hear the frown etched in his face.

"Will you let me in?" I then heard the door's lock click.

When I walked in, I saw Sans with tears in his eyes... I dropped everything and ran over to him.

"Sans, what happened?" I'd never seen him this upset.

"nothing. i'm fine." I could feel my anger rise.

"No, you're not. What's going on in that skull of yours? Remember, no more secrets." We had shared everything with each other. I told him about why I fell, and he told me about his lab and his father.

"i don't matter... why do you care?"

"Sans... I love you, what other reason do I need. You do matter. You matter to me. Please, tell me why you're feeling this way." I wanted to help him.

"no... i can't..."

"Sans... Let me help you."

"no... you'll just leave me... you won't want to help me... i can't tell you..." That hurt.

"Fine, I won't push, but you obviously need a self-care day, so... Let me help you with that." I was begging that he'd let me do that at least.

"I brought face masks and horror movies."

"heh, okay." I saw a small grin adorn his face.

Then we made our way to the living room. I put on the IT mini series, and we did peel-off algae masks.

"pfft, as if people are actually afraid of the clown." We were pointing out all of the funny moments, like the library scene. Tim Curry was a riot.

"thank you for doing this, i'm feeling great... thanks to you."

"As if, I'd let you be a sad sack all day." He laughed, genuinely, and we continued to watch the movie.

"What did happen today?" He froze.

"heh, i have really bad anxiety. i can usually cope with it, but..."

"Today, just so happened to be really bad, huh?"

"yeah..." He looked sadly, as if he was disappointed in himself.

"Hey. There's no reason to be upset. After all, we needed today. You've been avoiding me a lot lately." I quirked an eyebrow.

"sorry, I didn't mean to. I just..."

"Don't worry about it. I'm good with just laughing it off."

"i love you."

"I love you too, goofball."