Chapter Twelve: Tonight's News

Start from the beginning

"Sure am. I was waiting for you two lovebirds." He teased.

"Angel!" She huffed, her cheeks turning bright red.

"I'm just teasing, toots." He laughed before walking out of the room.

Vaggie glared a bit and walked out after him. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" Angel asked.

"Why are you teasing her like that when she obviously doesn't want to be with that freak?" She glared.

"Aww, is someone jealous?" He smiled innocently, poking her cheek.

"I am not jealous!" She snapped, her hair flaring up a bit before she calmed herself down. "I just don't think she likes you teasing her."

"Ha! You are jealous." He laughed. "Just admit it, bitch. If she were to move on and end up with the strawberry pimp you'd go ballistic."

"I would not. We broke up and she can be with whoever she wants to be with." She said calmly, crossing her arms.

"Even if that somebody was to be smiles?" He asked.

She blinked and hesitated to answer for a bit. "Just don't make a fool of yourself on TV." She glared before storming away.

Once Vaggie left the room his smile slowly disappeared from his face. He was still against helping Alastor but he had no choice and only wished Charlie would somehow not fall for him. He let out a sigh before putting a smile back on his face when he heard Charlie and Alastor come his way.

"Come on, let's go before we're late." Charlie smiled, walking out the entrance with Razzle and Dazzle.

"You're doing pretty good. Keep it up." Alastor whispered to Angel.

"Yeah, yeah." He rolled his eyes.

Alastor chuckled before walking over to the limo and opened the door for Charlie, helping her in.

She smiled to herself before getting in and felt herself get more nervous when he sat next to her.

Angel saw and rolled his eyes before getting in after them and immediately began to play with the switch again. He was still amazed by the technology.

"So...what are we going to talk about?" Charlie asked Alastor.

"About the plan and what's going to happen at the end of the month, my dear." He smiled.

"R-right." She chuckled nervously, rubbing her arm a bit.

"My dear, no need to be nervous. Everything will go well." He assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She tensed up a bit, her face getting more red. "O-okay. If you say so." She smiled nervously at him.

After a few minutes, they arrived and Alastor and Angel got out of the limo but Charlie completely froze when they stopped. She really didn't want to embarrass herself again and most importantly, she didn't want to ruin the hotel's reputation when she had a chance to keep it.

"Come on, sweetheart. We're here." Alastor smiled, holding his hand out for hers.

Charlie blinked and looked at his hand before hesitantly taking it, getting out of the limo slowly.

"You'll be fine. Just breathe." He said softly.

"R-right. Breathe and r-relax." She said to herself, slowly relaxing as they walked in the studio.

She started getting deja vu when she saw she was standing in the same place the first time when she was going over what she was going to say. Razzle and Dazzle tried to comfort her and make her feel relaxed by hugging her legs.