Chapter Six: Crushes

"Get a hold of yourself! You do not like the Radio Demon. Well...you do, but as a friend!" Charlie whispered to herself, trying to convince herself that she had no romantic feelings for Alastor.

"So he's a good looking demon, big whoop." She whispered, peeking her head out from behind the wall to look at him cooking. "Okay, he's handsome as fuck. And charming...and funny, a great singer and dancer, he also smells really good for someone who's been in hell for decades." She sighed, a goofy smile forming on her face. "He has a great smile, his voice is soft despite the radio touch, he's tall and makes me feel like a teddy bear when we hug. Almost as if we fit like a puzzle-Woah! No!" She said, snapping herself out of it. "You do not have a crush, you do not have a crush, you do not have-"

"A crush?" Niffty asked innocently as she looked up at Charlie.

"Ahhh! Niffty! What are you doing?! Wait...did you hear everything?!" Charlie asked, tugging at her hair as her eyes widened. She didn't want anyone to know about her crush or the start of her feelings for Alastor developing.

"Just something about a crush that you obviously have despite you saying you don't to yourself." She giggled.

"Well, I don't have one at all. So please, don't tell anyone about this nonexistent crush."

"Ooh, a crush?~" Angel Dust asked, walking up to them with interest. "Finally something to gossip about. Who has the crush and who are we crushing on?"

"What?! No one!" Charlie said, turning a bit red.

Angel gasped before leaning in closer to Charlie. "You have a crush?! On who? Who?!" He asked, smiling widely.

"No one! I just broke up with Vaggie and have no interest in crushes or romantic feelings right now." She said, frowning a bit as she remembered her break up.

"Don't pull that crap on me, sister. I know everything when it comes to crushes. Who has them, when they have them and you definitely have one right now." He chuckled. "Just spill."

"Angel, I don't have a crush. I got crushed after my breakup." She mumbled.

"Uh-huh. That's sad and all, but you obviously have a crush. It's okay, it's probably your heart telling you to move on or something. Just tell me who you have a crush on!" He begged, bored with the calm and drama-free atmosphere in the hotel.

"I-uhhh...." She looked away nervously, not knowing what to say. It felt wrong that she started to have feelings for someone else the same day she broke up with Vaggie. She didn't want to seem like she didn't care about Vaggie even though she loved and still loves her. She hated her heart for moving on so quickly.

"Go on!" Angel said as he shook Charlie.

"I-uhh...." She mumbled before Alastor interrupted at the perfect time.

"Dinner's ready!" Alastor called out from the kitchen.

"Oh, look at that! Dinner, let's go!" She smiled awkwardly before pulling away and rushed to the kitchen, sighing in relief.

"Is everything okay, my dear?" Alastor asked.

"O-oh. Yeah, why do you ask?" Charlie said, not looking at him at all as she served herself some jambalaya.

"You're not smiling and you're not looking at me when you talk. Are you still hurt and sad?"

"Mhm." She nodded her head. "Just a bit." She chuckled nervously.

He smirked, noticing she was blushing even with her head down. "You know you look much more beautiful with that gorgeous smile of yours~" He said in a clear tone, lifting Charlie's head by her chin. He gave her a soft smile before he winked at her which only made her face go fully red.

She gulped, feeling herself get warm and turn red. The wink completely threw her off and she was a full mess. "I-uhh...wow, wow, wow. Is it just me or is it getting toasty in her." She laughed awkwardly, starting to sweat nervously.

"Hmmm...no, I don't think so." He shook his head. "But it might be your warm and charming personality that's filling the kitchen and making you turn red." He smiled, the radio sound filling his voice again.

She turned completely red and was a nervous wreck with all the compliments he was giving her. "I...I'll see you in the dining room, handsome. Al! I'll see you in the charming room, Al. Dining room!" She stumbled over her words and got more and more embarrassed the more she spoke. "Bye!" She blurted out before rushing out of the kitchen. She realized she forgot her food and rushed back to get it, glancing up at Alastor awkwardly before leaving again.

She groaned, hating the awkward and nervous wreck she turned into with him. That's never happened before and she wished she kept it together. He probably knows that I like him now, she thought to herself before blinking when she saw Angel, Niffty, and even Husk staring at her.

"That...was hard to watch." Husk said.

"I think I felt secondhand embarrassment for you." Angel added.

"You were such a mess I don't think I could even clean you up if I tried." Niffty shook her head.

"You guys saw that?!" She asked, her eyes widened and she turned red again, but this time from embarrassment.

"Unfortunately and I don't think I'll be able to get that mess out of my mind even if I tried to with bleach." Angel said embarrassed for Charlie before it hit him, letting out a loud gasp. "You have a crush on the strawberry pimp!" He blurted out before Charlie covered his mouth.

"Keep it down!" She said sternly.

"Are you shittin me? You have a crush on that guy?" Husk asked.

"No! Of course not." She said, lying through her teeth.

"I believe you, Charlie." Niffty smiled.

Charlie sighed in happiness. "Really?"

"Yeah. It's more like in love than some silly crush."

"Ha! I like her even more now." Angel laughed.

Charlie was completely embarrassed and rushed off to the dining room, sitting down and sunk into her seat. She couldn't believe people started to know so fast but tried to get her mind off of it, eating her food quickly before anyone came to the table. Once she finished, she rushed to her room and got ready for bed.

"Today was not my day, not my day at all." She mumbled, letting out a sigh of emotional exhaustion. She brushed her hair out and changed into a black tank top and her red pajama pants before getting in bed, under the covers. As she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, she couldn't help but dream about Alastor. They were dancing happily in the hotel's ballroom, they were dressed in the same clothes Alastor gave them when he sang his song the first day he came to the hotel.

Alastor spun her around happily as Charlie smiled brightly, giggling. Alastor stared at her and admired her beauty as they continued to spin before he pulled her in closer and dipped her.

Charlie giggled before looking up at him and stared into his eyes, her smile turning softer and her cheeks turning bright red.

Alastor stared back into her eyes, leaning in closer to her their faces getting closer to each other before their lips were practically touching. "Charlie?" He whispered in a clear voice.

"Yes?" She responded, wanting to feel his lips against hers.

"I love you." He said softly.

She smiled widely, her eyes lit up with love. "I love you too."

He smiled widely before kissing her passionately, holding her close to him before she kissed back with the same passion.

After their kiss, Charlie opened her eyes and looked at Alastor who wasn't a demon but a human. She blinked in confusion as she saw him from a distance, no longer holding her and they were no longer at the hotel. It seemed like they were in the woods and Alastor seemed to be hiding before he accidentally stepped on a branch. Almost immediately afterward, a gunshot was heard and Alastor fell to the ground.

Charlie gasped and ran up to him. "Alastor!" She cried out, tears running down her face as she held him. Right as he was about to say something another gunshot was fired and hit Charlie which caused her to wake up instantly. "Alastor!" She screamed out, hyperventilating. Did she just witness how the Radio Demon died? But why?