Chapter Twelve: Tonight's News

Start from the beginning

She sighed. "No, it does."

"Exactly. Just go do it." She smiled slightly at Charlie.

Charlie smiled back and hugged her tightly. "Okay, Vaggie." She whispered.

Vaggie smiled and hugged her back just as tight before pulling away slowly. "And besides, you totally won that fight against Katie Killjoy." She chuckled.

Charlie giggled quietly. "Barely."

"Great news! We can appear on the picture show tonight!" Alastor exclaimed in excitement.

"T-tonight? What time?" Charlie asked.

"At six o'clock. But we must be there a half-hour before." He smiled.

"What?! But it's already five." She pointed out.

"Yes, so we must be on our way soon."

"Oh. Well...who wants to come?" She asked.

"I ain't going on any news channel." Husk said, drinking his beer.

"I'd love to go, but I have so much cleaning to do and so many dishes to wash." Niffty smiled brightly.

"Vaggie?" Charlie asked.

"I can't. I have to start reading the bible if I want to finish by the end of the month." Vaggie sighed heavily.

"Oh." She frowned. "What about you, Angel?"

"I uhhh..." Angel stuttered a bit, looking at Alastor to see if he was allowed to go.

Alastor grinned and nodded his head, giving him the okay.

"Sure. I guess I can go." He smiled slightly at her.

"Okay..." Charlie said, a bit confused about why he seemed a bit off. "I guess it's just the three of us."

"Well, if you three are off your mother and I will be on our way." Lucifer said, standing up once he finished his food and helped Lilith up from her chair.

"Okay, dad. See you both again soon I hope." Charlie smiled softly.

"We sure will, sweetheart." Lilith smiled before hugging Charlie.

Charlie smiled and hugged her mother back tightly before Lucifer joined their hug.

"We love you so much, Charlie. We just want what's best for you." He whispered.

"I know." She whispered back before she pulled away from the hug, her parents kissing her forehead lovingly, making her giggle.

"Remember, don't take shit from other demons." Lucifer smiled widely.

"And that we love you and we'll see you tonight on the news. You'll do great." Lilith smiled, walking out of the room with her husband after they said their goodbyes to everyone.

"Well, I guess I'm off as well. I'll tune in for the news once I get home. Good luck to you two." Rosie smiled, winking at Alastor and Charlie playfully. "Cheerio!" She said before walking out of the room.

"Au revoir!" Alastor chuckled once she left.

"Y-you speak...you speak French?" Charlie asked, trying to hide the fact that she was weak for his French even if it was a small phrase.

"Of course, my dear! New Orleans has some French roots hidden within its soil." He said, giving her a soft and gentle smile.

She smiled back before quickly turning to face Angel Dust. "Ready to go, Angel?" She asked, clearing her throat.