Chapter Twelve; Date Day (Part Two)

Começar do início

My smile grew and my heart swelled in my chest. Truth be told, no one had ever really brought me flowers before. I guess it is sort of a girly thing, men don't usually receive flowers, but it's sweet and he's trying. Giving a wave of my hand, I graciously took the flowers and examined them, reaching up to rub a petal between my fingers. "Don't be silly. They're gorgeous, darling."

He let out a deep breath, relieved, and took a step inside, allowing me to close the door behind him.

"I'm sorry it's so late. I ended up having to wait for my mom to get home. Kai and Blake apparently had to go out of town this morning or something so he couldn't watch the kids," He sighed, shaking his head. I smirked, gently placing the flowers on the little table next to the door. West didn't have to apologize, not at all, in fact. I completely expected him to be a little late today. Actually, I was planning on it. I got to Blake and Kai before West had the chance and dragged them all around town today to get everything that I needed for tonight. West turned around on his heels to face me, quirking a brow as he looked me up and down. "Or, uh, am I still a little too early? Do you need to go change or something before we go-?"

"No, no, love, on the contrary, actually," I interrupted, holding up a hand and shaking my head. West furrowed his brows, tilting his head in confusion. I gestured to his outfit, pursing my lips. "While I appreciate you dressing up for me, you are actually the one who needs to change. We're not going anywhere."

"What are you talking about, w-we have a date today, I-," He began but I quickly cut him off again, tossing him the folded clothes I had under my arm. He caught it with ease and before he could get the chance to speak or ask any more questions, I cut him off again.

"You can either change in here, which I don't object to at all, or, if you want to protect your modesty, you can go to the bathroom over there," I instructed, jerking my chin to the closed door to our left. Picking through the clothes, West glanced up at me, a small smirk growing on his lips. He picked the shirt up and waved it at me, raising a brow.

"Pajamas? You're having me change into pajamas?"

"Correct," I answered, shoving him towards the door. He started to open his mouth to speak again but I quickly cut him off, holding up a hand. "Ah, ah, no more questions. Don't make me end this date before it's even started. Be a good little lad and do what I say."

He laughed but held up his hands in surrender and closed the bathroom door behind him. After a few minutes, he opened the door back up, pajamas on and his clothes folded in his hands. I pursed my lips, looking him up and down.

"Not bad. Give us a spin," I twisted my finger into the air and West grinned. He did as I asked and spun around, allowing me to see all of his plaid pajama glory. I nodded in approval. "Not bad at all. Now, how do they feel? Did I guess the right size?"

"They feel fine," He answered, placing his previous clothes onto the table beside the flowers. He glanced back at me. "Are they yours?"

"Oh, no, no, darling, you'd swim in my clothes," I said with a wave of my hand. I made my way to him, instantly wrapping my arms around his waist, pressing my chest to his back. I pressed my lips against his neck. "They're yours. I got them for you today."

"How did you even know what size to get?" He laughed sweetly, reaching back and gripping my chin. He leaned into me, practically purring. "Awh, Liam, you didn't have to do that. You could have just told me to bring-,"

"Tish tosh. Don't get your panties in a bunch, I didn't buy you a diamond engagement ring, just some pajamas," I interrupted, grabbing hold of his hands and spinning him around. He beamed brightly at me and my heart swelled. I lifted his hands to his face, covering his eyes. "Okay, now, don't peak, okay? I'll guide you, just keep your eyes covered."