Epilogue: Five Years in the Future

*****WARNING WARNING WARNING GRAPHIC GAY SEX BEYOND THIS POINT*****

~*West's POV, Five Years in the Future~

I sucked in a deep breath, pulling the keys out of the ignition, snagging the bouquet of flowers from my passenger seat. I locked my car and started up the stairs to my apartment, trying hard to ignore how much my stomach was flipping.

Alright. Today's the day. I got the flowers, I called the restaurant to double check our reservation, I filled up the gas tank in my car... Everything is falling into place. No more dancing around it. After weeks of planning, the day has finally arrived. I'm going to propose today if it kills me.

I unlocked the apartment door and pushed it open, hanging my key on the nearby hook. I shrugged off my jacket and draped it over one of the island chairs, placing the flowers on the counter. All of the lights were still off, aside from the one in the kitchen that I purposely left on for when I returned, meaning that Liam still hadn't gotten out of bed. I made my way to our room, careful not to make too much noise.

There he was, just the way that I left him, with the fluffy blankets pulled up to his chin, snuggling a pillow to his chest, snoozing away without a care in the world. I beamed, kicking off my shoes, and slid into the bed beside him. I took my place behind him, snaking my arms around his waist, and dragging him close. I nuzzled into the crook of his neck, sighing contently.

"Good morning, gorgeous," I muttered, pressing my lips to his skin. He stirred slightly, groaning.

"Mmm... What time is it?"

I chuckled. "Almost one. It's time for you to get up."

"No, not yet... just... just a little more."

I laughed, giving him a squeeze. Usually, Liam is the one who has to drag me out of bed. Ever since he started taking classes at the local community college, however, we've sort of switched. Yesterday, he had a huge test for one of his classes and he stayed up just about every night this week studying, so, it's no surprise that he did not want to move from the bed.

I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride looking at my boyfriend right now. After we became official, Liam started to focus on what he wanted to do with his life and really pulled himself together. He became so serious about his studies and really put the work in.

I placed a kiss on his neck before resting my head against his. "That's what you said at ten... and at eleven... and again at twelve. I told you that I was waking you up when I got home. I warned you."

He groaned, shaking his head into his pillow. "I wanna sleep forever..."

"I know you do. But you can't."

"I could if you would shut up."

I rolled my eyes, pinching at his arm.

"Come on, Liam. You've got to get ready. We have a date today, remember?" I reminded him, playfully biting at his shoulder. "I'm going to take you shopping, then take you to dinner... I've planned the whole day out!"

He huffed, reaching back and swatting at me. He turned over in my arms so that he was facing me and cuddled to my chest. I beamed, running my fingers along his back as my heart skipped a beat.

"Can't we just stay in today?" He whined, winding his arms around me. "We can make a game of it. Whoever leaves the bed first, loses."

"We've had this reservation for, like, a month. You said you really wanted to go. Please, baby?"

Liam peaked up at me, studying my face as he considered it. Finally, he sighed dramatically, shoving me away from him, and sat up. "You're lucky that you're so cute."