[24] destroyer.

Planetary News: The South African Alliance and East African Society have joined forces and deployed their armies to the North of Africa to deal with the horde of mutated animals that are threatening to invade the last two territories on the continent.

Wolf fell from the sky and crashed through the cathedral's roof, landing on the thick wooden table at the high altar—it reduced the impact of his fall, but the pain still shot through his body. Especially his back.

"These reckless falls will come back to haunt me when I'm older."

He groaned when he stood and stretched his arms and back. His joints cracked with each movement before stopping. Pressing the back of the earpiece, the helmet dematerialized.

The smell of piss and shit covered the room as dead bodies lay in front of him, their insides hanging out like a scene from horror movies. He nearly puked his guts out, but quickly pressed the back of the earpiece, producing a mask that covered his nose and mouth, purifying the air.

"Wolf, you're not alone," Wednesday said. "Look above you."

Wolf gazed at the ceiling and saw two golems crawling on the wall while staring at him. He assumed they were the ones who killed his fellow newcomers and were now taking their time before killing him.

"Wednesday, check the security feed and see if Victoria and Olivia escaped? If I'm going to die, I want to know that I helped them leave this place."

"Will do."

After fighting the creatures all night, Wolf learned there were two kinds of golems: Wingless, and Winged.

The wingless ones were erratic and irrational, fighting their enemies and each other with the aim to kill. With pieces of white clothing and colored habits clinging to their bodies, they were the believers and security nuns Wolf saw when he entered the city.

Sister Mary had a hard time controlling all of them, relying on the winged golems to pin some to the ground until they calmed down.

The winged golems were calm and ruthless, having been the deacons and bishops. Wolf wanted no part in fighting them. It was why when they attacked him, he made sure he was positioned next to a wingless golem, knowing when he evaded the winged one's sharp claw, the wingless would fight its superior without care.

The golems dropped to the floor, making the building shake, their gigantic shadows looming over the bounty hunter. One resembled a mammoth, and the other a T-Rex, with wings on their backs.

"Dammit!" He hated when enemies ganged up on him. His mind would have to work overtime, thinking of ways to escape without losing a limb. Or worse, his life.

The T-Rex stepped forward. "Don't you remember us, Wolf?" it asked.

Wolf recognized its feminine voice, but he couldn't remember where he had heard it. "Have we dated before?" he asked. "Was I a good boyfriend?"