Everyone Deserves Happiness

Start from the beginning

I sigh and look to Klaus, "you want to do this?"

"I think you got this," Klaus says.

"So much for your help," I mumble. Damon and Alaric have joined the rest of them, so they can hear our tale. I sigh, "I'm pretty sure I don't need explain to you how this happened. I'm sure you want to know why."

"I think you should tell us how," Damon pipes up, "I forgot how babies are made."

"Shut up Damon," Alaric snaps.

"It was the night Alaric supposedly died. I wasn't in the right head. One thing led to another and well," I look down to my bump and put my hand on it, "you know how it ended."

"We don't want to know that," Lexi says, "we want to know where you've been the past four months."

"I've been held captive by two witches of the French Quarter," I blurt out.

"Held captive," Stefan asks.

"French Quarter," Caroline asks.

"How the hell did they keep you captive," Lexi asks.

I sigh, "Before I first came to Mystic Falls seven months ago, I was in New Orleans. I ruled the French Quarter, basically the whole city with Marcel."

"Who's Marcel," Damon asks.

"Klaus's protégé," I answer. Klaus gives me a glare, but I ignore him. "The witches bound me by a spell," I say, "I couldn't make a run for it even, I had no way to contact you, I was alone for four months."

"In all that time, you never thought about using your own magic," Elena asks.

"The witches forbade me from using my magic," I answer, "Apparently Marcel has some sort of secret weapon that can detect when the witches are doing magic."

"But you did magic when you stopped the witches from killing us," Caroline says.

"I'm not in the French Quarter anymore," I say, "I can use my magic again."

"So you've been missing for four months because two witches held you captive," Matt asks.

"It was two witches until they brought me to a cemetery where their coven was," I say, "that's where I've been."

"Where's Gwen and Elijah," Alaric asks, "I know Gwen left town with Klaus and Elijah followed them."

"Gwen's still in the Quarter," Klaus answers, "biding her time wisely. Elijah bailed and left Cordelia to me."

"Why does Gwen need to bide her time," Jeremy asks, "When she wants to kills someone, she does it."

"Just because Gwen tried to kill you doesn't mean she's instinctive," Klaus snaps.

I whirl to him, "Gwen tried to kill Jeremy?"

"It was after I killed Kol," Jeremy says.

"We are not going to talk about that," I say, turning to Jeremy, "I don't need to know." Jeremy nods and falls silent.

"Speaking of my siblings, where is my sister," Klaus asks.

"She left town," Matt answers.

"Why," I ask.

Matt shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. She just left without saying goodbye."

"Probably to look for her older, caring brother Elijah," Klaus says to me. I sigh and think. If Rebekah goes to the French Quarter, there would be four Originals in town. If three didn't draw Marcel's attention, four definitely will.