"Fine," he grumbles and slides a folder towards me. "I got that info from our family private investigator."

I frown as I open to scan the documents. "What does your family have to do with me?"

"It's not my fam, it's me. I notice some amateur thugs have been following me and Chan-hyung so I got it investigated."

"That's nothing new."

"Before we say anything just stay calm, okay?" Chan says and I squint my eyes.

"They might be the same thugs responsible for that enormous pot almost falling on your girl."

I feel my eye twitching. "What?"

"Hey, just calm down!" Chan pushes me back on the sofa.

"First, see if they're familiar." Changbin holds up a CCTV shot of two boys, a bit blurry but I could recognise them which only made the veins on my temples throb in rage.

"They are... They tried picking a fight with me at the school locker area, but Y/n interfered."

"Oh shit." Chan combs through his hair, avoiding my eyes.

"What the fvck is it this time?" I frown.

"Hey, c-calm down..." Changbin removes the photos from my burning line of sight. "It's just..."

I click my tongue in annoyance. "Just tell me straight."

"How should I say this?" Chan grimaces. "First and foremost, we just suspect it, hm? There's only a little evidence, so uncurl those fists. Okay, um, we think... only a little proof, that, um... that-"

"WHAT." I glare.

"It might have something to do with that gang leader you beat up in the past!" Changbin says with raised arms.

I feel like someone punched my solar plexus.

"Are you..." I swallow thickly. "Are you sure?"

Chan shakes his head. "Not yet, but it's better to be cautious that's why we're telling you."

"Y/n..."

"We won't let them touch her, alright?"

Chan tries to reassure me, but it doesn't make me feel even a bit relieved. Just when I thought I could finally move on with Y/n, my past just had to haunt me again.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

"Did you do something again?" Y/n asks after waking me up before Philosophy starts.

"A cat always naps. You should've known that by now," I try to divert the topic in a lighter mood.

I couldn't sleep well knowing that those shitheads could just be lurking around. The guys and I are still trying to find more proof, but those petty losers hide pretty well and it's taking a toll on my sleep schedule. I might have to resort to taking some hours off my day so I wouldn't start napping in class again.

Y/n giggles at me and I couldn't help but smile. My face must've been swollen. I always appreciate how she doesn't force me to tell her everything. She's too good to me and I feel like I'm taking it for granted.