Ch. Twenty- Two

Comincia dall'inizio

* * *

She could hear the loud banging of something against wood but doesn't take it for anything other than what was happening inside the realm of dreams. She doesn't wake up or react until the banging gets louder and reality hits; this was no dream.

With sleep heavy in her eyes, she jumps to her feet and goes over to the door. The person on the other end knocks loudly once more and when she opens it she finally distinguishes that it was Luca, he wasn't alone. There were his two sons Gabriele and Elia at his side and their faces were strip from all colour and emotion.

"It's late, what are you guys doing here?" She asks and could see the older man's glossy eyes which were strange. He swallows for some time, rubbing his nose and sighing before addressing her.
"We found Raye," he says and Brie sighs with relief.

"Let me guess she was hiding out in one of the apartments?"

"No, "

"No?" She repeats, very much aware now that their faces hadn't changed.

"She's at the hospital Brienna," Luca's words didn't make sense, so she takes a few seconds to let it sink, her brows drawing together in a scowl.

"W-what do you mean?" She chuckles nervously and the man swallows hard yet again, his Adam's apple bobbing quickly. "Raye was shot earlier. A couple from a bar few doors down found her unconscious some feet away from her car,"

"You're kidding me right?" She chuckles again but realizes that the man wasn't joking. Her eyes instantly gloss over and she panics, her chest suddenly heaving rapidly as she darts her eyes between Luca and his sons.

Shaking her head frantically, she tried to rid her mind of such news. She had to be dreaming still, right? Unfortunately not because Luca grabbed hold of her arms and the touch was very much real. "We're about to go to the hospital,"

"Is she okay?" She blurts out roughly, fighting back the hot tears.

"We don't know yet," he says, scratching his head.

"Take me to her now!" She yells, rushing out the apartment, leaving everything behind. Luca needed to instruct his eldest son to grab the girl's keys and a jacket for her before they could've left. He did his best to keep her under control but she was still in shock and it showed.

Out in the open, the girl gets into his car almost like a zombie. Everything seemed to be on autopilot for her and he understood. Raye was her heartbeat.

The ride to the hospital was done in the quiet. Every once in awhile he'd steal a glance at the girl only to find that she seemed flung out of space. Her eyes weren't moving at all and the sparks he'd usually see behind them was dull.
When they pulled into the hospitals parking lot, Brienna bolts to the entrance as soon as she gets in she runs up to the receptionist and she starts addressing her.

"Is there a patient by the name of Rachel Mancini here?" Her voice a trembling mess.

"Give me a moment," the older woman said, eyeing the shaking girl stood in front of her. She was accompanied by three men, whom she figured were related judging from their stark resemblance. She gets on a phone and finds out exactly who the girl is looking for.

"She's in the emergency room right, now on the third floor,"

"But is she okay?"

"I won't be able to say, miss, probably if you wait for a moment I'd be able to find that out,"

"No, I can't wait!" She slams her hand down onto the desk, startling the woman and Luca pulls her away.
"No," she pried herself roughly from his hold. It was the first time he'd ever witness the girl in such a frenzy and it was frightening.