TWENTY SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX; CARTER MEETS THE NEW YEAR PRT 2

❝ love is a beautiful kind of fear. ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

"OH YOU'RE KIDDING ME," Carter groaned as Harper underlined the statement on the chalkboard.

"No, no, no, no," Maya followed, pointing at the words. "No, no, no!"

Harper smiled at her class. "Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility focused on the multiple loves of two young women."

"Well would you look at that," Riley said knowingly as she turned to Maya.

Things could not have been more awkward for the whole group. Riley and Maya were avoiding Carter, and therefore avoiding Farkle. Lucas was stuck in the middle of the two best friends, while the idea of his feelings for Carter still fresh in everyone's mind.

Personally, it made being around Lucas like walking on eggshells, and Farkle had no problem making sure he was around whenever Lucas was near her, making his personal message known to everyone.

No one was taking Carter away from him without a fight.

At least we're going a month strong, Carter thought as she looked at the back of Farkle's head.

Besides the current events of the group, Farkle and Carter had been doing great. They saw each other almost every day, went on date after date, and nothing seemed to make more sense to them.

"Jane Austin felt there were two approaches to life," Harper continued, patting Carter's shoulder as she walked past. "Sense, meaning what?"

"Good and intelligent judgement," Carter answered instantly.

The only teacher besides Mr. Matthews that Carter felt so close to was Harper. Probably because it's the only class where her boyfriend's presence didn't distract from the material. Not that it mattered. She was a valedictorian for a reason, and her boyfriend was a genius.

Harper winked at her answer as a silent praise to her. "And sensibility?"

"When feelings get in the way of that," Lucas answered. Carter kept her head to the front of the classroom, but made a face.

Lucas hardly ever followed up on answers in class unless directly called on, and he'd been piggybacking off Carter's all class. She never acknowledged it, and had to keep Farkle from losing his mind.