TWENTY ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE; CARTER MEETS TEXAS PRT

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE; CARTER MEETS TEXAS PRT. 3

❝ we accept the love we think we deserve. ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

THE WALK TO the infamous hang out spot for the local Texans was a short one; for some of them. Farkle and Carter had been trailing behind, talking quietly between themselves. Lucas was quiet as well, trying to neglect how much fun Carter seemed to be having with him, as Zay talked Riley and Maya's ears off about his previous love interest, Vanessa.

      He forced down a snort when the blonde girl rolled her eyes at anything Zay said, but would always quickly glare at the brunette beside him as she nodded along intently as if trying to get on his nerves. Lucas wondered what Farkle was saying that was making her so happy and giggly, but refrained himself from eavesdropping.

     Knowing the details of what his friends were saying would only make him feel worse, yet looking at the other two girls was creating a pit in his stomach swirling with emotions.

When they finally arrived at the building, it was only a matter of seconds until Zay had dragged Farkle off to find some "good eats", leaving the girls and Lucas alone together. Carter decided to lead them all to an open table, actively avoiding Lucas's gaze. She, of course, left a seat open to her left for Farkle and waited to put the plan in action.

"Uhm, Riley would you mind getting me a lemonade the next time you go up to the bar?" Carter said sweetly, her voice laced with the type of innocence her friend couldn't say no too.

Sure enough, Riley let a grin spread across her face and nodded. "Sure Cart! I was craving a pink lemonade anyways. Maya, wanna help me with the drinks?" The fellow brunette said, turning to her best friend.

The genius let a sly smirk take over her face as the two girls walked towards Farkle and Zay, and she turned to Lucas.

"Did you seriously think you could keep a secret like that from me?" Carter asked, turning to Lucas. He stuttered and cleared his throat in shock.

"Sorry, what? I-uh don't know what you're talking about." Lucas said quickly, cracking his knuckles anxiously. He was never a good liar.

The brunette just gave him a look. "Lucas, you're one of my closest friends, but I seriously believe you don't actually like me like that."

His face contorted to one of protest. "How would you know? All I know is every time you're near me my heart goes crazy, and I can't get you out of my head!"