42.

Taehyung arrived at his family home around fifty minutes later, the sun was starting to set and beside him Y/N was fast asleep.

He pulled up by the gates, killed the engine and leaned back with a sigh.

He was here.

He was finally home.

It still looked the same, nothing much had really changed and he wasn't sure if that was comforting or not

His fingers trembled as he pushed open the door, heart racing as he approached the gate keypad.

Keep it together Taehyung, you can do this.

He probably should wake Y/N, have her with him for this initial first step but he desperately wanted to prove he could do this without someone constantly holding his hand.

It's just a gate, just a gate and a driveway.

He can do this.

Taehyung typed in the code his father had messaged him earlier that day and winced when the gates slowly opened, the last time he had done this was the day after Jin's funeral.

The day he left.

He promised himself then he would never come back.

Yet here he was.

Taehyung returned to the car, fingers curling around the steering wheel.

Just start the engine and drive up to the garage, you can do this.

You also promised you would never come back, he's not here anymore....he won't ever come back so what are you doing?

Just suck it up, do this for Y/N
...do this for yourself.

His grip around the wheel tightened, knuckles white from the pressure.

"This is your house?!"

Taehyung's eyes opened, the tight line of his lips loosening as he turned to Y/N.

She shifted to face him, beautiful eyes widening in shock.

His grip on the wheel loosens.

His light was guiding him back.

"Yeah, we've never struggled for money but we also don't flaunt it. I mean yeah, technically having a house this big could be considered as flaunting but....we're just not the types of people who go around telling everyone how much money we have."

Y/N leaned forward, eyes taking in the stunning exterior of Taehyung's home.

"I mean, you have your own business and a fancy ass loft apartment so I guessed you had money but never to this extent. It's beautiful Tae, I can't wait to see what the inside looks like."