Ask

Claire's POV
        "Aaarh",
   "He bloody rejected me all because of that foolish girl Cinthia, Adrian chose to be with her instead of me", I said pacing in my room
      The moment I set my eyes on Adrian Anderson,I recognized him as the runaway son of the Anderson,I felt that I have finally found some good luck ,I made sure I had him wrapped around my fingers,I convinced him I was in love with him but just for what - his family's wealth.
        Growing up in a family of seven was not always a good tale to tell anyone about,poverty became our second name especially after the death of my dad and I was forced at a very young age to be the breadwinner of my family despite being the   third born among five siblings ,my elder brother and sister abandoned the rest of us so every little thing I do is make sure I have money so I can help my family.
         Adrian's love was a light to the darkness I was in,he became someone who I could easily ask for money and he has always given it to me but when I found out Adrian's father James had asked Adrian to take over his business and Adrian refused I felt threatened so I decided to focus on Richard,he would be my alternative if things doesn't go the way I had expected especially now that Adrian is hard bent on marrying that whore.
        "Don't talk nonsense", said Richard putting his phone in his pocket.
      I have been studying him from the very moment I laid my eyes on him and now I have found out more than enough skeletons in his cupboard.
       "You have a document that needs James signature so as to be the new owner of the Anderson property",I paused as I took a step towards him.
         "Secondly,I found out your darkest secret you were the one who informed the press of your dad's state of health and had the hospital raided by reporters ",I said as I got close enough to take his chest with my finger  which he immediately pushed away almost like the small contact burnt him.
        "Are you done",asked Richard as he looked into my eyes hoping to find a weakness but boy I'm not weak, I'm just here for business and the only thing I have grown accustomed to is survival and money is the key and it should be acquired in whatever way possible and that's what I do.
             "Tks, tks Richard boy ,do you remember when you stood watching your brother's car burn in the accident that occurred six years ago,or do you remember standing there when you could have informed the police or call 911 on time but no ",I watched his face twitched into a smirk  as I walked around him in a circle with a finger tracing every inch of his clavicle "you did nothing Richard and isn't that a crime",I said looking at my fingers as if it's the most important thing in the world before turning up to look at the prey right in front of me.
          "I see you have figured me out and I'm certain you won't be seeing me right now if you had planned to actually rat me out so what do you want", said Richard as he looked at his wristwatch impatiently.
         "Going somewhere", I asked curiously.
    Unlike you, I don't have the time to waste around talking about the past but to save enough time to change the future so whatever it is you want from me in order to keep your damn mouth shut,you better say it now cos I don't have the time to mop around", said Richard whose grey eyes already killed me multiple times with his constant glaring if only glares were swords it would have killed me by now.
           "I want the same thing you want,money", I said as I studied his face
     "Well that's more practical, name your price and I will have it transfer to your account before the end of the day", said Richard.
         "I'm afraid I can't do that cos I'm not happy to know this is just only going to happen once so who's going to remind you of your sinful acts", I said
        "How else do you want money from me if not right now", said Richard furiously.
       "Your plan is to get the property and mine is to be rich so I will be there as your bride", I said smiling but the laughter I heard snapped air out of my lungs as I watched him laugh.
      Is he bipolar
          "Dear Claire I'm not interested in having a bride so don't think you can blackmail me into actually marrying you,you either get what you want now or you forever hold your peace cos there's a lot of things I could do to you if you mess with me", Richard threatened as he looked me in the eyes.
          "How about you don't listen to me and I will reveal all your dirty secrets to your family I'm sure they will still love despite you ruining their lives", I snorted as his eyebrow arched
         "I'm not going to do it ", said Richard calmly
     "Then you have left me no choice,say goodbye to your family cos you will be going to jail once this little secret of yours gets out", I said as I got so much closer to him as I held his shoulder as I whispered softly into his ears.
       "I'm not backing down from this Richard, it's either you have this my way or wait there's no other way ,so I guess you are stuck with just one option, make me your bride",I whispered softly as my breath fan his face .
          "I forgot my brother always picks the wrong women,you are indeed another bad choice of him oh yes Claire I'm not backing down till I get my hands on those property so Claire the best you could do for me in order to get enough money that will cause your heart to explode is when you start to talk some sense into your boyfriend,try your best to convince him to not accept those property then your wish will come true or it could be the other way around Adrian gets the position and he marries some one else ,we won't like that would we", asked Richard as he pushed me away from him roughly leading me to almost lost my balance and he walked away leaving me behind to gather my thoughts.
           It's either I get Adrian to refuse the property and in that way Richard gets ye property and I win or Adrian takes the property and marries Cinthia and i will be long forgotten ,the former seems safer ,I will just have to convince Adrian.
                  I have to

      Pricilia's POV
    "Why is your dumb sister on the news with Adrian carrying her", said Dasi my best friend on the phone.
        "I swear to God,one more word about my stupid sister and I cut the phone", I said running my hands through my hair angrily.
         No matter what plan I used to get Adrian to notice me ,he just never did .
     Oh yes I know many people would question the age difference between us and yes I don't care ,I love Adrian and I wish to be with him eventhough that's hilarious right but it's been my dream to be with him and speaking of my annoying sister Adrian was just handed to her over a platter of gold why does she always gets everything while I'm left with nothing but who cares about Pricilia no one.
        You may be wondering why I hate my sister and that's because she's not even my blood sister to begin with , she's just an orphan my parents took pity on and brought into our home and ever since I was born I grew up as her shadow even though I was born just few months after she was adopted,she was dad's freaking favorite,every little thing was always about her no one cares about what I want or what I think .
       It was four years ago I found out she wasn't my blood sister and it was at the hospital when she was in a freaking labor, ever since she met Harry ,I became less important to her,it was always Harry this ,Harry that and I tried my best to warn her about him that he wasn't a good man cos he was always trying to get into my pants but no she didn't believe me until the very day he had shown his true colors to her and yes it was black ,red and purple.
            My social life became a ridicule when everyone in school knew my sister was always the girl on TV ranting on about how her boyfriend raped her,how she didn't almost murder her boyfriend eventhough she did it ,how she was found partying hard at night taking booze and drugs or the worst seeing her come out of the obstetrician's office at an hospital for abortion , my whole life came crashing down ,you know I became a kid who was constantly bullied, mocked and treated as trash in school despite being rich but no one knew how hard things were for me because they were all so focused on Cinthia and I hate it so much and I hate her for all the things I went through because it was all her fault.
          And she is not even my blood sister but an orphan so how can I allow a silly orphan to get everything I have always dreamt of , Adrian's mine and will never be yours Cinthia.
     Kate's POV
          "How are you feeling now", I asked my husband as he opened his eyes
       "Kate ",he said smiling ,I could remember that this same smile has always made me blush till now.
       "So I brought you something to eat just as the doctor prescribed",I said smiling as I placed the dishes in front of him.
      "Smells good, you made all this", he said looking at the dishes already placed in front of him.
       "Yeah, James I know that you are not feeling so good right now,I just want you to tell me whenever it hurts okay, I can't bear to see you hurt and I have no idea you are hurting", I said as my eyes got glassy.
       Oh shit I had promised myself I wouldn't cry in front of him,I needed to be strong for both of us so what am I doing ,I want to stop crying.
        "Kate ,Kate you know I hate to see your tears the most so please will you stop crying", said James as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze.
        "What am I going to do about you ", said James smirking while I pouted looking at him lovingly.
         "I'm afraid to eat your poison", said James teasing me because he knows his wife is an horrible cook.
       "Prepare to be daze ,Jane assisted me though", I said smiling
       "I love you", said James suddenly as he stole a kiss from me  which left me blushing some more.
        Oh jeez I'm forty three
        "It's delicious,Kate I want you to cook for me from now on everyday ", said James
     "Are you sure I'm afraid my cooking only comes out nicely once in a blue moon",I said remembering the very first moment he had eaten a dish made by me,he said this same statement.
       "I want to whether it's delicious or wait it's always delicious, Kate I don't know how much longer I have to live but I know how I want to live my remaining days on Earth and that will be by spending each second with you ", said James as he brought my hand to his lip as he showers it with so many of his soft kisses which only left me desiring for more .
         "I like this romantic side of you ", I blurted out which made him chuckled.
    "I know you love me babe ", said James smiling.
     "Why are you asking Adrian to marry Cinthia eventhough our son loves someone else", I asked the very question that's been bothering me for days now.
         "I made a promise to her father many years ago that if he ever gives birth to a girl I will marry her to my son, Steven didn't even know about his daughter before he was murdered ", said James as he stared at the food .
        "Why didn't you tell me", I asked
   "Because you never asked", said James
  "How would I had known by the way how could you have known that we would have boys as our kids", I asked
        "Are you questioning my strength I made you pregnant so I know", said James which made me laugh as I just stared at him.
           "It must be hard for Joe to see Treasure now as Cinthia ", I said silently
      "Yeah it's hard but what else can she do , I mean revealing Cinthia's true identify will only cause havoc in the business world so it's for her safety and it's better if she doesn't know", said James.
     "You are right, I can't bear to see you in that terrifying state again so I will remain at your side every second of the day", I said smiling as I hugged him
       "I'm sorry I scared you ,how about you and I travel all over the world once I get Adrian married to Cinthia and gives him the property okay", said James.
       "I would love that but you will have to get well soon", I said
        "Okay nurse", said James playfully as he stole another kiss from me
       I guess I don't need to tell you what's happening to me right now - blushing.
        I had married my husband James when my first child  with my ex-husband Ambrose , Richard was eight year old and at that moment ,James became everything I could ever wish for in an husband to me ,he was a friend,a teacher, my personal counselor and someone who I was able to share my darkest secrets in ,my confider and I love him so much and he's still that man who swept me off my feet with his amazing personality and charm.

Cinthia's POV

   🎶Here comes the bride🎶
         🎶Here comes the bride 🎶
This stupid song kept coming to my head as I woke up this morning  feeling so depressed .
     If you are wondering what has been going on for the past few days you have missed then let me break it down to you before I go out with my mom, Kate ,Joe and Adrianna to check out few dresses for the event which has been on the lips of everyone in the business industry for the past few months now, it's the 100th anniversary of the Anderson group of company happening tonight at the Galaxy auditorium,one of the best event hall in Canada , not sure if Pricilia is coming though because tonight Adrian and I's engagement will be announced to the public and Adrian is being announced as the new CEO of the Anderson group of company.
         To be honest when my dad announced that we were going to see his old friend,I never expected I would ever be forced into a marriage I never even thought of,and meeting the Anderson family was actually nice most especially when I found out Richard was the son of my dad's friend,I thought I had finally had the chance to get closer to him but my dreams to finally let him notice me keeps shattering everytime I tried to reach out to him and after talking to my parents I was told I have to do this actually marry a man I don't love to save their business and that left me wondering why they would actually do this, despite knowing that I'm not interested in getting married ,you know that time when you actually feel like don't ask that question, keep quiet and you didn't listen well it happened to me after I had asked my parents for the past twenty two years now if I was truly their real daughter...
     "Cinthia dear aren't you going to get ready", said my mom no wait my adopted mom standing in my room.
          "Can I please have a minute to think no actually to enjoy the last day of my life not about to be ruined in about 8 hours from now",I said as I kept my tears at bay.
        "Cin..", said my adopted mom pleading like she has been doing for the past few hours now.
       "I just need some time to get myself together mom no wait I just found out my parents aren't even my biological parents but adopted ,it really hurts me you know", I said as I felt the wet liquid on my face.
       "Oh my baby..
   "No don't call me that , stop this false act please don't lie to me anymore I'm not your baby ",I said as I covered my face with my hands crying.
       "I'm sorry Cinthia", said my adopted mom softly before I heard the door to my room closing after she left me.
      To most people,they will be thankful to have adopted parents as good as mine but to me it hurts knowing that the  family I had spent the past twenty two years of my life with is not even my biological family, everything I have known my entire life is all a lie and my whole life came crashing down the minute I was forced to face this real truth that I am an orphan.
       It really sucks you know.