𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

Start from the beginning

Thankfully we weren't late to school, with Freddie and me managing to have a nice casual stroll across the green before we arrived at the hell hole. What I didn't expect was to find Cook on the roof of the school, dressed in a soldier's costume, megaphone in hand. He leaned over the railings, shouting down to a crowd that had formed, sharing the future policies he would implement as student president. He had a massive banner draped over the side of the railing, bright red with his face in the middle; god knows how he got that together on such short notice. Freddie and I stopped in our tracks, listening to the screams of support from the students below. Naomi cycled up beside us, completely gobsmacked by Cook's extreme actions. He really wanted to be student president, not that I could understand why. "Morning guys. Who's that up there with him?" Naomi said, squinting her eyes at the roof. "It's JJ," I commented, noting the curly-haired boy on the roof, soldiers beret balanced somehow on his big mop-like hair. "I think I lost him," Freddie mumbled, but we both caught him. "Who, JJ?" Freddie turned to Naomi, shaking his head slightly. "Yeah, him too." Naomi walked off as we continued watching the duo on the roof, rolling my eyes at Cook as he spotted me in the crowd, pointing at me whilst hip-thrusting. Then he spotted Freddie, close by my side, and his face turned sour. "Let's go," Freddie said, noticing Cook's angry gaze as we headed inside, moving through the crowd of people chanting Cook's name.

When we got inside, both Emily and Naomi were walking the halls, trying to show people Naomi would be the better president. Emily was rushing around in a hurry, trying to cover every locker with 'Naomi for PRESIDENT' posters, which she proudly made herself. Naomi on the other hand was passing posters around personally, making promises about improving education, and the many positive changes she would make to the curriculum and the education environment. In all honesty, she sounded like she cared, and she was the obvious choice - at least for someone with a brain. She was working the student's hard, clearly determined not to let Cook win. Realistically, he had the upper hand, with his stupid comedic performances and his idiotic proposals, such as sex over exams. Our school was filled with idiots and all the idiots would vote for him.

The loud noise of the loudspeakers flooded the halls as Doug made an announcement. "All students please report to the common room to meet your three candidates and their plans. Hurry along. Oggy oggy oggy!" The feedback through the speaker squeaked slightly, before cutting off, signaling the end of the announcement. Freddie split off to find JJ, leaving me to walk alone, until Pandora popped up behind me, Emily, Effy, and Katie just behind us. "Isn't it a bloody wild morning?" Pandora asked as we headed into the common room, following the crowds of blonde bimbos and idiots. Doug was standing at the front of the room, waiting for all the students before he introduced us to our candidates, who were all eagerly waiting at the side.

"First up, Crispin!" Doug excitedly called a nerdy posh-looking boy up to the stage, a boy I had only seen a few times around the college. From what I had heard, he hated girls, hated people like Cook, and pretty much hated our group of friends. God, I wanted to slap him. Two of his friends joined him on stage, all dressed in matching yellow t-shirts, with an unreadable slogan that they'd stuck on the front. One of the boys began 'beat boxing' if you could even call it that, and I really thought this couldn't get worse. And then Crispin started rapping. "My name's Crispin, that's my name. I don't like chavs, that's my game. If you vote for me, like a princess and a pea I'll free you from their menace." I cringed at his rapping, laughing with Effy and Katie as he made weird noises at the end, whilst the rest of the crowd booed and threw balls of paper at him. "Next up, Naomi." Doug rushed Crispin off the stage, happy to get rid of him and his friends. Naomi stepped up, suddenly looking shy. A quick glance at all of us smiling with our thumbs-up, and she smiled, seemingly more confident and ready to address the common room with our support.

"What this college needs, is somebody who'll understand. Someone who will care about you, listen to your concerns, and try to help you with anything you need to better your education. The college council has to mean something; being president should mean something. And I will take this seriously, and do right by all the students at Roundview. Make sure your needs are heard." Small applause could be heard around the common room, the few people who cared about their education in the college. The girls clapped proudly for Naomi, happy to see her doing something she was passionate about. She smiled, nodding to Emily who had her thumbs up before Cook made his way to the stage, introduced by Doug as "The man!" 

Immediately the crowd broke out in chants for Cook as he took his place on the stage. He lit a cigarette, annoying Emily who was tutting beside me, clearly rooting for her crush. Pandora was loving it though, clapping and cheering in support of him, despite her also supporting Naomi. Effy noticed Pandora's enthusiasm, and was obviously not impressed, believing her best friend probably still wanted to shag Cook- again. I rolled my eyes at the pair of them, before clapping slowly for Cook, giggling to myself as the headmistresses took the cigarette from his mouth, throwing it to the floor with a temper. She really was a moody cow. "I'm Cook. Vote for me. I don't give a f*ck either." Which got the crowd clapping, murmurs of agreement and cheers heard all around, causing fear in the headmistresses' eyes. If he won, I think the school would fall apart. Causing carnage was his favorite thing; he loved the chaos. And from the look in his eyes, he couldn't wait for the mayhem to start.