Under water we go

Start from the beginning

"You just going to sit there and let me bleed out?" he demanded, staring her down with his bright blue eyes.

"I was just wondering if you where ever taught manners Mr Shelby" and she stood up, leaning over the table to get a better look. "You'll need stitches" and she sat back down, crossing her legs and waiting.

Tommy took a cigarette from his tin, ignoring the looks she was giving him and lit up. The satisfaction really soothed his pain.

"Well get stitching" he demanded, leaning back and letting the blood flow down his face.

Amelia smirked at him and got up, pulling the tray over to them that had her equipment on. Pushing down the urge to scream she grabbed at her disinfectant and smothered a pad. Turning quickly she leaned over and pressed it quickly to his wound.

A flinch. That was it. Nothing more. The most unsatisfying feeling enveloped Amelia as she began to clean the wound. Tommy decided to turn his full body suddenly so that she was dangerously close to all of him.

"I hear you don't like green dresses anymore" he mumbled, taking a long pull of his cigarette. Looking up at her then she tried everything not to meet his eyes. Testing her resolve she thought. Turning back to her tray she began to set up her stitch.

"That's correct Mr Shelby so please don't waste anymore time" with her back to him she was almost certain he was still looking at her, sizing her up. It wasn't so much as sizing her up it was more the intoxication he felt himself slip under from the sweet smell of her hair.

"The least you could do is accept it Miss Crostwell. You know, after wrongly throwing a drink in my face" and there is was, the rage. Slamming her hand down onto the tray she tried to steady herself and forget. 

Quickly turning around with the stitch in her hand she raised an eyebrow at him, swallowing the rage "can we just get on with this Mr Shelby?" and she leaned forward, her legs in between his. Brushing against his skin she felt her skin begin to burn. 

The first stitch had him wincing, trying to pull away but she followed and placed in the second. 

"It wasn't on my orders" he mumbled as he reached up to grab her wrists. Amelia looked down at him and pulled away. The anger flared in his eyes but he coolly collected himself "it was a misunderstanding and you did get in the way. 

A misunderstanding? the pure cheek of this man, to sit there accepting her help to only tell her that the smack to her face was her fault.

She dug the stitch in harder this time and he grabbed at her, pulling her face quickly to his. Amelia let out a small gasp as she tumbled onto his lap. Tommy's free hand reached up and grabbed at her jaw, pulling her so they where only centimeters apart. Amelia could see the dark blue flecks in his eyes and feel his warm breath on her face.

"Watch it" he growled 

Amelia quickly shoved back and freed herself from his vice grip, pretty sure his fingers tips where still embedded in her cheeks.

"Can I finish this so you can go Mr Shelby?" she refused to look at him now, needing to be as far away as she could possibly get.

"Hurry up" he breathed. This time she stood to his side, careful not to let her fingers touch as she finished the final stitch and tied it off. As soon as it was completed he was up out of his seat and putting on his cap.

"Come back in 7 days and let the doctor take those out" she said pretending to busy herself with her tools. Tommy did not say a word as he left the room, sucking out the air as he did so. Amelia let out a breath that she had been holding for what felt like forever.